UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Initial Estimate in from Bodyshop

Old 08-01-2005, 01:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelk,Aug 1 2005, 09:25 AM
It was the other driver's fault that we are even in this situation, not Jo's.
Hmmm, thinking about it, does that mean that the actuary is actually going to increase the average Mondeo (it was a Mondeo?) driver's premiums rather than the average S2000 owner's insurance premium? I suppose so on the basis that its simply another "knock-on" cost of a Mondeo driver having an accident
Old 08-01-2005, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt it Craig (but even if they do I'll be feeling it).

The case I guess I am trying to make is that if the costs of getting the car back to a perfect match condition-wise means the repairs and examination costs go above the cost of a right-off then that is for them to decide.

Guys, don't blame the player, blame the game.

Jo should not be out of pocket for this, or is this an unfair expectation on my part? If you think it is you better explain why cos I can't think of a reason for it to be so.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelk,Aug 1 2005, 09:35 AM
I doubt it Craig (but even if they do I'll be feeling it).
Well, If Jo hasn't claimed on her own insurance, how can it increase ours? Or does Jo's insurer still put it into their stats despite the full recovery from the Mondeo's driver's insurers? We need an actuary to answer this!

You Mondeo drivers pay too little anyway
Old 08-01-2005, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by craig armstrong,Aug 1 2005, 10:40 AM
You Mondeo drivers pay too little anyway
And you lawyers talk too much.

Who's account are you reading this post on? Are you directly charging them even though you are reading the boards?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kelk,Aug 1 2005, 09:25 AM
But Jo's not doing that UK S2000. Her car was immaculate before the moment that numb nuts rear ended her. But aesthetically and mechanically. Now if the assessor (sp?!?) only looks at csometic damage then that means the car is not returned in the same state it was in.

The body and panels, even the bul heads etc can be checked, however if the engine isn't in the same condition then that needs to be examined and repaired.

Jo isn't trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but remember she is the innocent party and as for the costs of insurance going up, we all face that, and I have 2 cars of my own to pay for so I do feel it. It was the other driver's fault that we are even in this situation, not Jo's.
Chris, I know Jo ain't and I'm not suggesting she is. I know it wasn't her fault she's in this situation.

What I was complaining about was the suggestion of trying to influence the decision by stalling, etc to push costs up to ensure getting a new car. That to me is very selfish behaviour.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by UK_S2000,Aug 1 2005, 10:46 AM
What I was complaining about was the suggestion of trying to influence the decision by stalling, etc to push costs up to ensure getting a new car. That to me is very selfish behaviour.
Agreed.

Jo's boss's wife had a crash the week after Jo did, the car got written off and she bought a new and is driving around in it now.

Jo's only got assessed this morning for the 1st time by the company that needs to do it. It has been a very long drawn out process and none of it is Jo's doing.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:22 AM

uk_s2000 - if you mean by deliberately stalling, or causing extra damage then you are right.

I would prefer a new car, and if this means I have to point out every scratch and scuff that wasn't there before (and there are a few that have been caused ) and insist the car is immaculate when I get it back, then so be it. The repair bill and hire charges will speak for themselves, but I wouldn't fabricate anything.

Unfortunately my insurers have been so slow, they've delayed far more than any reasonable person could have

Still, we'll see what the engineer says tomorrow - his insurance company have a good reputation (unlike mine !)

BTW it's the third party's insurer picking up the bill, no claim being made on my insurance, however I still have to declare it so no doubt it'll push the premium up
Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Work this out:

Missus had some lemon run into the side of her Golf a few years back.

Golf book price at that time,
Old 08-01-2005, 02:46 AM

Sounds like a set of Craig David lyrics Chesh
Old 08-01-2005, 03:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kelk

UK_S2000 I was not advocating deliberate delaying or damaging of a car. As Jo and others have pointed out she has every right to expect the car back in the same condition before it was hit. If the people in control of the decision making process are slow and ponderous that is not Jo's fault. Jo taking the same stance to ensure her car is replaced or returned as was is perfectly acceptable on my book!

Quick Reply: Initial Estimate in from Bodyshop