UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had two replacement engines.
I'm still driving the same S, and it's coming up for 81k miles (60k on this engine.)

Reached a very sensible agreement with Honda in the end, a have been happy to keep it.

Happy to provide contacts via PM if that helps.

I think in truth the numbers were so low that it didn't merit anything bigger - but their comms and ownership weren't brilliant.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:15 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Send a PM to Aquila Eagle, I believe he may be able to help you out.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the advice guys, I have pm'd Ian. Is anyone willing to share with me their plan of action and what actually happened as a result via pm. Or just tell me what I should do next is much appreciated

I used to tell my mates and everyone who asked how Honda's engines are bomb proof. My mom would say "you're going to damage the engine like that!" every time I vtec, and I would reassure her with "Honda engines are made to do this, it likes and wants to be driven like this". Oh how silly I feel now after 2 s2k's going pop, this one only doing about 14k miles. Even my mate who has a rx8 hasn't had a problem with his "unreliable" rotary yet, and that crazy mofo red lines it all the time before it's had a chance to warm up. This is just embarrassing...

If in the end HUK refuses to help and I have to fix it myself, I'm tempted to get big stickers made up for my car doors à la

"Honda, the power of dreams, the cause of headaches..."

Might even drive along to some official Honda events and meets..