UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 02-17-2012, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WinFreak
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/130909-gt...formation.html

This is how Honda should've acted in my opinion..
The GT-R is a current model and provides a revenue stream for Nissan. They need to protect future sales of the car and have acted accordingly.

A similar thing happened with BMW M3'S back in 2002; they were recalled for bottom end bearings and sorted under warranty.

The difference here is that the S2000 is no longer in production and there is no money in it for Honda.

Aside from the fact that if there is a seroius fault with a number of the last engines produced you will simply be replacing a faulty engine for a faulty engine. The production line for the F20C was shut down in 2009.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:42 AM

It will be interesting to see what Honda's Mr Dix comes back with...
Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 PM

Just a quick update. I have a meeting with HUK next Thursday.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:55 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
Just a quick update. I have a meeting with HUK next Thursday.
Any word?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 PM

I'm gutted to have found this thread.

I'm now in the difficult position of having put a deposit down with a Honda main dealer on a beautiful 09 car.

Do I walk away? Will I lose £500?

Having read the entire thread, the problem is obviously a serious one, with the Bristol Honda dealership having replaced five engines.

Honda have finally acknowledged the problem but in over two years there seems to be little progress towards a resolution.

The extended warrantee would offer some protection, but assuming it is honoured, there is still the downtime and the hassle.

On the balance of probability the vehicle in question should be ok, but now the genie is out of the bottle the residuals....
Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm tough dilemma. If it were me, I would walk away and look at older and better examples. You shouldn't lose your deposit and if you do, it's better than ending up with a potential time bomb. I wouldn't buy a car that I couldn't fully enjoy because of worrying about when it will clap out on me.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:22 AM

Had my meeting with HUK on Thursday and as I'm sure you can appreciate, I can't print the discussion word for word however they did advise that they haven't had any new cases. The calls at the moment are from owners concerned that their car might develop a noise but not reporting that it actually has.

HUK were very open and gave detail about the work going on in the background but unfortunately, due to the availability of this forum to the 'general public', I can't put into print a lot of what was discussed but I feel confident that HUK finally know what they are doing and that it will be resolved. They can't give a timeframe due to the work that is going on but I get the impression that we are in the final stages of any outcome.

I'm waiting for the sun to start shining and some personal issues to be resolved before I decide what I'm going to do with mine.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 AM

Just to echo what BoM said, I got in touch with HUK following advice from AE and Kiteland, to register my concern about what may happen in the future, even though my car seems to be ok.

The reply was quite comprehensive and reassuring, however I won't go into detail here.

Would recommend anybody with any worries to get in touch with HUK and get the concerns registered with them now.

I certainly won't be rushing to get rid of my car because there might be a problem in the future, I'll just continue to enjoy it and deal with whatever happens.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:38 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Having exploded one engine already, I think I'd say go for it! Buy the car & keep the warranty going for as long as.

I want to know what the issue was, purely from an engineering perspective.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:09 AM

Any idea what percentage of 08/09 cars have been effected?
I've pulled out of the purchase and regretting it already!
Plan now is to get an 06/07 car.

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners