UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 02-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

If anyone has issues and want to speak to Phil, please contact me.

Those that are in touch with him and have issues with their car, seem to be in a far more positive place than those who aren't (or don't) and just speculate.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:50 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

As an interested bystander I have followed with interest the last four weeks.

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
I'm hoping for an update from Honda UK sometime this week, if we can organise it a meeting close to my home (The guy dealing with things is fairly local to me).

I'd echo Kiteland's comments re being confident there will be a fix and owners sorted. The key concern I have/am driving with them is warranty, given that 3 years is almost up for many. I know they are working on things and I really hope to have further information to share this week.

As I have further information I will post it.

Although Kiteland is quoted here as being confident, I believe he sold his '09 a month or two back.

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem' timestamp='1328531477' post='21387352
Ian - did you get an update?

I'm at a crossroads with deciding what to do with mine and part of the decision is based on what HUK are doing.
CJ, 'fraid not yet, we've not managed to get our diaries to meet, and Phil was off for a week. I'm texting him tonight to try and meet this week
Well that was Monday 16th January so hopefully something by the 21st?

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle' timestamp='1329157758' post='21410288
[quote name='Senna fan' timestamp='1329139381' post='21409149']
I'm hoping for an update from Honda UK sometime this week, if we can organise it a meeting close to my home (The guy dealing with things is fairly local to me).

I'd echo Kiteland's comments re being confident there will be a fix and owners sorted. The key concern I have/am driving with them is warranty, given that 3 years is almost up for many. I know they are working on things and I really hope to have further information to share this week.

As I have further information I will post it.

... We are all waiting with baited breath...?
Hi Senna

I met with Phil Dix at the end of last week and had a good meeting. If you have issues with yours, please PM me. (Same goes for anyone else).

I have pushed him to get some official update as to what work is going on, and plans to protect owners as warranties expire.

I'm waiting for an email from Phil, and hope then to be able to give a much fuller update.

I would urge anyone who has issues to get in touch with Phil personally rather than awaiting anything through the forum or this thread.

Cheers
Ian
[/quote]

Originally Posted by P 1
with AE and BoM
As an owner with an affected car I have been in contact with HUK and I am fully satisfied now that Honda are actively working towards a solution. I am sure that Honda will be taking care of affected owners and I know they are aware of the need to look at warranties.
As Ian says, if your car is affected, contact Phil Dix if you have not already done so.
Uninformed speculation on here is not really of any help.
Another reassurance but no facts: 'actively working towards'? Government-speak that means nothing.

If anyone has issues and want to speak to Phil, please contact me.

Those that are in touch with him and have issues with their car, seem to be in a far more positive place than those who aren't (or don't) and just speculate.
So Phil Dix is good with words: 'a positive place'

Whay can't the solution simply be posted up in public here for the world to see?

Originally Posted by My old school motto
Res Non verba
(Nearly) The only Latin I ever learned, it means: Deeds Not Words.

I have avoided speculation

QED
Old 02-14-2012, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arsie
Although Kiteland is quoted here as being confident, I believe he sold his '09 a month or two back.
Sold or bought back by Honda UK ?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 AM

Sold but never seen on a forecourt....
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
Sold but never seen on a forecourt....
Hi CJ

Maybe the dealer is waiting for Honda to tell him what's wrong with it . There might be a long wait.............
Old 02-15-2012, 06:50 AM

Hi All

Been reading this thread on and off with interest, waiting to see if there was any official Honda response, and trying to stay out of speculation and panic spreading.

I'm in a quandary, as many (most?) 09 owners are. I've got a GT100, registered end of June 09, done about 13,000 miles, serviced by Rob/Garage R first two years. No other work done to the car apart from the services.

I haven't heard anything that I would describe as untoward rattles when driving; I've tried the test against a garage door etc at 2500 revs, and still can't decide if I can hear anything wrong. Not sure if that's because I don't want hear, or it's ok. Then I think why would mine be ok when others are not... back to the speculation and panic. How obvious is the rattle supposed to be? I had a mark 1 MX5 then an 03 plate S2K before this, both were pretty tappetty, so this doesn't sound wrong to me.

Basically what I'm after (I think) is can anybody recommend a decent Honda dealer in the Manchester/Bolton area, where I could get them to listen for anything wrong and log it with Honda if necessary?

Helpful answers much appreciated!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

The 'wall test' is misleading, because the fuel injectors can sound really tappetty anyway!

Frankly, you've got AE's answer; get in touch with Phil Dix & see what the uh, deal is with unbroken cars & decide from there.

I can understand why Honda UK would like to keep it 'contained' - lest not start a panic amongst hyperchondriacs, for one thing. Others who think they can get a free engine whenever they feel like it, etc etc...

But the danger is, the genie's out & they need to have a scheme for people such as yourself who have genuine misgivings. None of us can second-guess company policy.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/130909-gt...formation.html

This is how Honda should've acted in my opinion..
Old 02-17-2012, 02:38 AM

Old 02-17-2012, 02:55 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by WinFreak
http://www.gtr.co.uk...nformation.html

This is how Honda should've acted in my opinion..
Except that in this case there was no common, identifiable, problem (as far as I can tell).

So far we have bottom end rebuilds, new diffs, new gearboxes, and in some cases new engines.

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners