UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 02-10-2012, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phil121081
Anyone else suffering from the paint peeling off headlight washer? I asked dealer to investigate at last service and heard nothing back, now it's properly peeling and on a white car, the black plastic under is pretty ugly... It's as if the paint has blown under the surface? only a small thing, but shouldn't happen.

tick tock....
I have seen that on a couple of cars before I bought mine, - I wondered if it was caused by stone impacts ? Maybe the paint key isn't so strong on the washer jet pods?

Back on the engine issue , Honda's silence on this issue seems deafening!

If they are not willing to address this issue, maybe it's time for a bit of publicity ?

They seem quite happy to shout about the new NSX in the press, so maybe some balance could be brought if prospective supercar buyers knew the potential bag of spanners it might become?

It seems to me that Honda have had enough time to investigate and respond to owners over this issue and unless they promise to respond soon we should now consider raising the profile of this issue ?
Old 02-11-2012, 04:32 AM

Making the issue a very public one by involving the press will be the only way this issue will be addressed properly by Honda in my opinion.

There has been ample time to find the root course of the engine failures and I believe Honda have known the cause for a very long time.

Sadly, if you are a current owner you will cut off your nose to spite your face as far as residuals are concerned.

Not a very nice situation. Buy an extended warranty and hope for the best.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:25 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem' timestamp='1328531477' post='21387352
Ian - did you get an update?

I'm at a crossroads with deciding what to do with mine and part of the decision is based on what HUK are doing.
CJ, 'fraid not yet, we've not managed to get our diaries to meet, and Phil was off for a week. I'm texting him tonight to try and meet this week
Any progress on this?

What exactly are Honda/UK doing? It's been a while and my memory goes ...
Old 02-13-2012, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ
Making the issue a very public one by involving the press will be the only way this issue will be addressed properly by Honda in my opinion.

There has been ample time to find the root course of the engine failures and I believe Honda have known the cause for a very long time.

Sadly, if you are a current owner you will cut off your nose to spite your face as far as residuals are concerned.

Not a very nice situation. Buy an extended warranty and hope for the best.
I agree.

Unless there is some update soon I will get rid and if I feel forced down that road I will not be a Honda customer again... - Ever.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:54 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Honda has bigger fish to fry than a tiny number of engines on an unknown car making strange noises.

In 2011 they sold 50,577 cars, down from 63,652 in 2010, and from 74,419 in 2009. By way of comparison, Audi has gone from 91,712 in 2009 to 113,797 in 2011. Honda's poor range of cars and appalling marketing are the main causes of the decline.

20 or 30 engine failures out of 74,419 cars represents 0.04% of the total.

The media won't give a stuff I'm afraid.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:54 AM

I met with my lovely fantastic HUK Account Manager last week and voiced my concerns about the 08/09 problems. Nothing I expect him to do as he's in sales but have come in today and got an email from Phil Dix, Manager of Customer Operations. Kiteland and I met with him last year to discuss the problems and trying to resolve them.

Got voicemail when I rang him but will obviously advise, if I can, of any update.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Honda has bigger fish to fry than a tiny number of engines on an unknown car making strange noises.

In 2011 they sold 50,577 cars, down from 63,652 in 2010, and from 74,419 in 2009. By way of comparison, Audi has gone from 91,712 in 2009 to 113,797 in 2011. Honda's poor range of cars and appalling marketing are the main causes of the decline.

20 or 30 engine failures out of 74,419 cars represents 0.04% of the total.

The media won't give a stuff I'm afraid.
Agree. I purchased nearly 40 Audi's last year and based on my conversations with the Account Manager, had the Civic been launched earlier, I think half of them would have been the Civic as they were popular on my fleet list and the spec of the vehicle I can get in the lowest category is very high (higher than the Audi / VW).

I did tell the AM that I would do a straight no-costing swap for a new NSX
Old 02-13-2012, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
I'm hoping for an update from Honda UK sometime this week, if we can organise it a meeting close to my home (The guy dealing with things is fairly local to me).

I'd echo Kiteland's comments re being confident there will be a fix and owners sorted. The key concern I have/am driving with them is warranty, given that 3 years is almost up for many. I know they are working on things and I really hope to have further information to share this week.

As I have further information I will post it.

... We are all waiting with baited breath...?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:59 AM

For those of us who have already taken a loss and are still smarting, I recommend posting an owner review on

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/owners-reviews/

AND

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/carmakes

Very easy to do, very public, quite powerful I think

Take a look at the format and see what you think.

Just 3 or so poor scores would really stand out.

Ive done mine
Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Senna fan
Originally Posted by AquilaEagle' timestamp='1326737807' post='21321610
I'm hoping for an update from Honda UK sometime this week, if we can organise it a meeting close to my home (The guy dealing with things is fairly local to me).

I'd echo Kiteland's comments re being confident there will be a fix and owners sorted. The key concern I have/am driving with them is warranty, given that 3 years is almost up for many. I know they are working on things and I really hope to have further information to share this week.

As I have further information I will post it.

... We are all waiting with baited breath...?
Hi Senna

I met with Phil Dix at the end of last week and had a good meeting. If you have issues with yours, please PM me. (Same goes for anyone else).

I have pushed him to get some official update as to what work is going on, and plans to protect owners as warranties expire.

I'm waiting for an email from Phil, and hope then to be able to give a much fuller update.

I would urge anyone who has issues to get in touch with Phil personally rather than awaiting anything through the forum or this thread.

Cheers
Ian

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners