UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had no Honda's on my fleet at work this year which is a shame because I love my meetings with the HUK Account Manager. This is partly due to the new Civic being launched and therefore no stock of the old but also because of the customer service HUK have provided.

My engine appears to be fine other than the grating news I reported from new that appeared the other day then when I tried to replicate it, couldn't. The new gear box is running smoothly however the leather needs replacing again! The build quality on these later models is poor and I know that I will never buy another Honda in my lifetime (unless they produce something R8 like for about £20k )
Old 02-06-2012, 03:31 AM

Ian - did you get an update?

I'm at a crossroads with deciding what to do with mine and part of the decision is based on what HUK are doing.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I wish I could suggest a less unreliable manufacturer...

However, Honda IS running out of time on this one. Both in terms of S2000 owner loyalty and their overall perception.

Honda did spectacularly well up until about '07, but sort of lost their way completely on the present generation of vehicles. Interestingly, Ben Barry wrote recently in Cur how he'd enjoyed driving his MIL's EK 1.4 far more than the new iteration. The current robot-faced Acura TSX has totally bombed in EU, compared to the surprisingly likeable old EuroAccord. I think the new CRV may ba a tad too 'Merkin as well.

Unless they get their shit into cog PDQ, they'll be selling Swindon to the Chinese before too long.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
Ian - did you get an update?

I'm at a crossroads with deciding what to do with mine and part of the decision is based on what HUK are doing.
CJ, 'fraid not yet, we've not managed to get our diaries to meet, and Phil was off for a week. I'm texting him tonight to try and meet this week
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
I'm at a crossroads with deciding what to do with mine .......
Know how you are feeling CJ, that's where I was before Christmas. Hope it has a good outcome one way or another

Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 PM

I've had a month of demo cars from SEAT and got a load coming in February - Evoque, Mercs, Honda Civic (HUK Account Manager talked me into it yesterday ) and I can honestly say other than when I was in the Renault Worldcup Sport Megane that I didn't particularly miss the S!

I've taken her out once, which was Tuesday and I ended up getting stuck in the snow in a gravel car park and I wished I was back in the Leon FR. I don't know if its the weather that is making me feel like this and when it gets a bit sunnier I'll be glad to be in her but I do still look out the window and think it's a great looking car.

I still hanker after an R8 but that's unrealistic but a Cayman Gen II would be a nice settlement but other things going on will dictate if that happens.

I've even contemplated just getting rid of the S and opting into the company car scheme and getting an Audi.

Tough decision
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 PM

I think patience with Honda UK is rapidly expiring.
I have just ordered my next company car and I am moving away from Honda due to their poor responses unreliability and poor / unnattractive offering & overpricing. I have ordered a Skoda, much better quality and interior, far better customer service.

So that's one of our Hondas going, now we will focus on the other 2...

HUK need to sort out the S2K 08/09 engine issue or they may lose an entire generation of customers.
My own car is fine so far but I want to hear them make is a clear unambiguous statement that any customers with this issue will get it sorted in or out of warranty.

If Honda want to regain some of their lost UK market share, HUK better wake up and respect it's customers - time is up and they need to make a decision, or customers will do it for them and may never come back...
Old 02-09-2012, 04:11 AM

I have re-visited this thread after moving away from S2000 ownership. I parted company with my 09 S2000 last September due to concerns about an engine rattle and after much debate with Honda UK.

So, 6 months down the line and nothing has changed. No real surprise there.

No diagnosis of the cause of engine failures or rattles made available to concerned owners.

Honda have managed the situation very well from their perspective. There will be no damage to their reputation and sales will not be affected for their current line up of cars.

Sadly, in my opinion, if this hasn't been sorted by now it never will be.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

So far, it seems to be a logistical cock-up; why cannot HUK send AE a f ucking e-mail, if their social calenders are that hectic?
Old 02-10-2012, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

June the 3rd is deadline day for me I think....

Will be going in for service a week or so before then with a list of niggles that I want sorting under warranty. Whilst I have no engine rattles (that I can spot), I will also be asking my dealer to investigate regardless to ensure the issue is lodged whilst in the warranty period.

Anyone else suffering from the paint peeling off headlight washer? I asked dealer to investigate at last service and heard nothing back, now it's properly peeling and on a white car, the black plastic under is pretty ugly... It's as if the paint has blown under the surface? only a small thing, but shouldn't happen.

tick tock....

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners