UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 11-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiteland
Not sure I fully agree though

There is no benefit to Honda by this taking longer than necessary. I am confident that a soluton will come as the issue isn't going away.

I disagree with GREGSTERWIZ too.

I share Peter's confidence. I've had a call from them today, which unfortunately I missed, but I will catch up with him during the course of this week. If there is anything to add to Kitey's post, I will.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
P 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update
Like the others I'm sticking with this and have faith yet that Honda will not let us down.
We've come so far it would be shame to let go now, and besides, being as absolutely hooked on my Honda S2000 as I still am, there's nowhere else for me to go
In the meantime my car is off the road now for winter anyway, so there's nothing lost for me personally in waiting some more.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Originally Posted by Kiteland' timestamp='1321265427' post='21154009
Not sure I fully agree though

There is no benefit to Honda by this taking longer than necessary. I am confident that a soluton will come as the issue isn't going away.

I disagree with GREGSTERWIZ too.

I share Peter's confidence. I've had a call from them today, which unfortunately I missed, but I will catch up with him during the course of this week. If there is anything to add to Kitey's post, I will.

That doesn't surprise me

You've pretty much disagreed with everything I've said on this subject. Not so long ago you said there were no issues with the 09 cars and specifically no engine problems. That was in June this year if my memory serves me correctly.

I hope the affected owners (you included) get a resolution from Honda. I lost patience with them a long time ago and got out while the going was good.

I stand by my original comments. I've seen many engines fail in all sorts of cars and it has never taken months to diagnose the cause whenever possible (read as when the engine has not expolded making a diagnosis of the cause tricky if not impossible).

I had a Cosworth engine diagnosed, stripped and rebuilt in 3 days. Bottom end failure caused by a faulty crank. Done in a barn by an excellent mechanic friend. Simple enough engine but the principles are exactly the same.

Honda are a huge engine maker. The clock is ticking. Cars are not being fixed. Please feel free to disagree. It won't change anything.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:59 AM

I hate to say it but I for one don't really find your comments helpful at the moment GREGSTERWIZ, if you don't have an S2000 any more it just looks as if this thread has turned into a bit of a chat space for you to voice your displeasure at Honda.

I think we are pretty united in thinking that Honda really should be able to find the fault, however some problems are difficult to diagnose and if Honda say they haven't yet found it then it is pretty obvious that they haven't.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ
I hope the affected owners (you included) get a resolution from Honda. I lost patience with them a long time ago and got out while the going was good.
I didn't realise that Ian had had an engine issue with his car too! Sad that so many of the late cars are suffering.

However, sounds like some very good and positive dialogue is happening with Honda. Let's hope they follow it all the way through and this is resolved.

Well done all those involved in dealing with HUK! I'm sure all affected owners appreciate it.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whilst ostensibly unhelpful to the eyes of many here on this thread, GREGSTERWIZ's comments are to my eyes largely those of someone someone who does NOT have a MY08/09 S2000 and who from the 'luxury' of that position has no need to try and convince himself to any degree whatsoever that kind Mr Honda is going to make everything all right again! Don't get me wrong; as an owner myself (albeit of an earlier car), I really DO want to believe that HUK are going to sort this for all MY08/09 owners AND for the sake of a brand known for their engineering excellence. But right now I really can't see much in the way of progress this last few months to that end. 6 weeks ago or so I waded in with a bit of a contribution of my own about the ongoing MY08/09 engine issues having spoken to someone within HUK about it, and thus far I've seen nothing posted here since that builds upon or expands thereupon in any meaningful and/or significant way.

I've got to say - unpopular though it will be with most here - that I am with GREGSTERWIZ as regards his view that HUK should have got their hands on an affected car with the 2.5/3K rpm noise and got to the bottom of this by now. Or maybe they have got to the bottom of this already and are just buying time to consider how they ought to play it to save the most face for the least money.........
Old 11-15-2011, 04:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's exactly what I think of it all...
Old 11-15-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by 98RON
Whilst ostensibly unhelpful to the eyes of many here on this thread, GREGSTERWIZ's comments are to my eyes largely those of someone someone who does NOT have a MY08/09 S2000 and who from the 'luxury' of that position has no need to try and convince himself to any degree whatsoever that kind Mr Honda is going to make everything all right again! Don't get me wrong; as an owner myself (albeit of an earlier car), I really DO want to believe that HUK are going to sort this for all MY08/09 owners AND for the sake of a brand known for their engineering excellence. But right now I really can't see much in the way of progress this last few months to that end. 6 weeks ago or so I waded in with a bit of a contribution of my own about the ongoing MY08/09 engine issues having spoken to someone within HUK about it, and thus far I've seen nothing posted here since that builds upon or expands thereupon in any meaningful and/or significant way.

I've got to say - unpopular though it will be with most here - that I am with GREGSTERWIZ as regards his view that HUK should have got their hands on an affected car with the 2.5/3K rpm noise and got to the bottom of this by now. Or maybe they have got to the bottom of this already and are just buying time to consider how they ought to play it to save the most face for the least money.........
Glad to see somebody is on the ball

FWIW I had an extensive dialogue with Honda (UK), Matt Gibson, Steve Dyer and Phil Dix for months. I chose to help myself although the forum was of use to me.

Some people may not like my comments on this board but this is the reality of it all.

Honda will do what is best for them, not the owners IMO. They will do everything to protect the brand and safeguard future sales of current and future models. To be honest it's all been done to death on here and nothing has changed aside from a few owners meeting with Honda and being told what they want to hear.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Laserlady
I hate to say it but I for one don't really find your comments helpful at the moment GREGSTERWIZ, if you don't have an S2000 any more it just looks as if this thread has turned into a bit of a chat space for you to voice your displeasure at Honda.

I think we are pretty united in thinking that Honda really should be able to find the fault, however some problems are difficult to diagnose and if Honda say they haven't yet found it then it is pretty obvious that they haven't.
Because I am not telling you what you want to hear

Look at the facts. I haven't seen any solution from Honda to date. Engines have been failing for 2 years.

Several owners have chosen to take their cars off the road because they have an engine rattle and Honda cannot fix it.

You might not like it that's how it is and there is no way to put any kind of shine on that

I said I would keep an eye on this thread when I got rid of my S2000. I had alot of involvement with Honda and I am interested to see how this will end

No point having a pop at me I'm just telling you how I see it and I sympathise with the affected owners. You have to draw the line somewhere though
Old 11-16-2011, 01:01 PM

I know why all these late Honda's are blowing up/failing. The tooling for building the engines, gearboxes etc needed replacing but they took a chance that it would last the run out period and it didn't. So everything is failing as Honda Japan didnt want to have to spend a fortune replacing the equipment for a car that they knew the nearing the end of its production. Sad but the truth. My heart goes out to all those late S2k owners.

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners