UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 09-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will happily pay write to the Honda solicitor and pay the £10 required to recieve the transcript of the communication if it required, I realise there might be the other way of getting the conversation but I'm fairly interested to know if HUK will allow the conversation to be published with the comments made by HUK Tech. I also wonder just how long it would take them to send me the transcripts!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by le sau
***UPDATE***

Collected the 'S' today after having a new bottom end to the engine fitted under warranty. Hopefully this is now the end of the '09 engine and gearbox problems.
How's the car going?
Old 09-25-2011, 10:39 PM

Ian, it's been well over a week now since your meeting with HUK and no update on here. If it wouldn't take too much time out of your exceptionally busy life, can you post the details of the meeting to update the fully paid up owners of the S2KUK club.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kiteland
Originally Posted by le sau' timestamp='1316526399' post='20988977
***UPDATE***

Collected the 'S' today after having a new bottom end to the engine fitted under warranty. Hopefully this is now the end of the '09 engine and gearbox problems.
How's the car going?
Just like when I first bought it - not an abnormal sound to be heard and running sweetly. it will get it's first major run up to Megameet7 in North Wales at the weekend, and I hope the weather stays perfect for top-down fun,

Alan
Old 09-26-2011, 02:20 AM

Got to admit mine is a joy to drive again and thoughts of topless Germans are getting less and less.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:38 AM

Nice to read a couple of good news stories. I haven’t driven my car for best part of three weeks.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
Ian, it's been well over a week now since your meeting with HUK and no update on here. If it wouldn't take too much time out of your exceptionally busy life, can you post the details of the meeting to update the fully paid up owners of the S2KUK club.
With respect Caroline you have absolutely no idea how busy I am both in work and with other club activities. You clearly have no concept of how hard I work and what I put into the club and this site if that is your attitude. THIS SITE is not the S2KUK club.

I do not like the sarcastic tone of your post at all.

My meeting was not much different to yours by the sound of it, and there was no new information to share.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:36 AM

Then if there was no new information to add it wouldn't have hurt you to post simply that.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I will be posting a full summary of the meeting and subsequent conversations so don't fret.

I questioned them on several aspects of the issue and how it is being dealt with, I am confident they are very serious about things and are taking specific steps to resolve the problems faced by owners. Not just the technical aspects, but their reputation and the 'human effect' as Kitey put it. I was very impressed with both Phil and Chris, and their attitude towards it. That said, my one reservation is still the inconsistency at dealerships, which I raised with them. They are happy to deal personally with affected owners.

I've been in touch with Kitey throughout this process and everything is consistent so far.

There should also be a futher update tomorrow or Friday from them, so it was prudent I felt to wait until then for a full update.

Cheers.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:21 AM

Thank you Ian.

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners