UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You leave my taste of music out of this

It absolutely belted it down on the way back from Yorkshire today and the words 'hydrolock' drifted in front of me as I aqua planned several times
Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I must apologise, I have been extremely busy, and I am very thankful to BoM and Kiteland who have been very supportive and helpful thus far.
I've just emailed a long response to Honda (UK) to their email to the club following other correspondence back and forth. I'll share contents of it with those owners who have contributed to the list of engine issues, and this thread during the course of this week.

There is a meeting being arranged between Honda (UK) and the club, we just need to manage dates between me, Steve Dyer and Matt Gibson.

One thing I would say, and a stance that is clear from Honda (UK) is that each case will be dealt with individually.

Whilst the club is trying to support owners by lobbying Honda (UK) to take note of the consistency in terms of issues experienced and inconsistency of action by the dealer network, and get Honda (UK) to take action accordingly, I would suggest that anyone who has this issue must own their individual issue and apply pressure to the dealer and Honda (UK) directly (if you wish).

This can be done by form of a letter or email. There are some good examples of such on the internet - and I think BoM has something that can help as a template that she could share. It is important to get your issues in writing and apply as much pressure as possible.

I'll get a fuller update up this week, but I wanted to give you a quick update on what's been happening in between working and travelling!

It would help if this thread can stay focussed and objective with your own personal experiences of this particular issue. In addition if anyone wants to add their name to the list of issues that is compiled, please send the following information to 2009@s2kuk.com and specific updates to that address. This is the only information that the club will share with Honda (UK), there won't be any specific ad-hoc comments from this thread used.

Your Full Name:
Noise heard:
Registration Number:
Mileage:
Engine Number:
Dealer who investigated/investigating:
Response from dealer:
Was Honda UK involved?:
Who spoken to at Honda?
Their response?:
Issue resolve (yes/no):
Resolution:
Have you had a replacement engine or block? If so engine numbers?:

Cheers
Old 08-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Thanks Ian for the update. Got your PM but just been out trying to record the noise (and now trying to figure how to get Youtube to recognise it).

I believe that individual cases is the way forward. If anyone wants to PM me, I'll send them the email and template that I've been sent which is a good starter.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:25 AM

"Whilst the club is trying to support owners by lobbying Honda (UK) to take note of the consistency in terms of issues experienced and inconsistency of action by the dealer network, and get Honda (UK) to take action accordingly"

IIRC - Dealer network is consistant. (trying to get HUK to replace engine ) HUK is not.

Reframe the terms of reference of the meeting?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:30 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
Thanks Ian for the update. Got your PM but just been out trying to record the noise (and now trying to figure how to get Youtube to recognise it).

I believe that individual cases is the way forward. If anyone wants to PM me, I'll send them the email and template that I've been sent which is a good starter.
CJ,

Record it as a video rather than as a sound, that'll be much easier. Alternatively, you'll need to edit the sound recording in something like Windows Movie Maker (or Mac equivalent) to convert it to video.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Loofah
IIRC - Dealer network is consistant. (trying to get HUK to replace engine ) HUK is not.
No it is not - not according to the information gathered - dealers all say different things, do different things. They have no clear direction on this issue from HUK.

Have you got a car with the issue Loofah? If so please supply info above.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Originally Posted by Loofah' timestamp='1312831502' post='20858307
No it is not - not according to the information gathered - dealers all say different things, do different things. They have no clear direction on this issue from HUK.

I also have that from the Horses mouth - so to speak.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 AM

This has not got anything to do with the dealer network, they can only do what Honda tell them to and the dealers are consistent

It has got everything to do with what is wrong with the cars and what Honda are (or are not) doing about it

The dealers cannot diagnose the common fault, in fact, I would suggest HUK will actually stop them trying

Far easier to swap an engine than to make the fault common knowledge
Old 08-08-2011, 11:37 AM

BINGO!!

Otherwise it is a pointless meeting.

Maybe have a few of the affected owners represent the club at that meeting ( to express their level of satisfaction or otherwise of HUK )

Delegation is the name of the game.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Loofah, please answer my question above.

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners