UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 07-24-2011, 05:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ
You have asked me that question twice now

The answer is clear from my membership status. It is NO.

However, I have taken the time to trawl the forum and compile a list of failed engines on this thread for the benefit of both myself and the S2KUK community which is more than you have done from what I can see

I have provided details of my dealings with Honda (UK) and provided contact details for any concerned owners

I have taken the time to meet with other owners or made them welcome at my house, despite being ill for the past couple of weeks

I have also had contact with many other "members" whether by telephone or via PM

I cannot see any evidence of you trying to help on this thread, in fact you remain VERY quiet

I fail to see the relevance of your question perhaps you would care to clarify your position ?

If I can see any evidence of you becoming actively involved in this situation I will gladly stump up the few quid membership fee if this will make you happy

Until then I suggest you do not ask the question again

Edit; I would appreciate an answer to my question as, I am sure, would many other owners whether they are "members" or "guests" of the forum
Ian HAS done a fair bit of work for this cause. Like you, he also has a day job, and frequently goes away for work. When not there, he spends alot of time sorting many club commitments out, which benefit the paying members.

If you had any interest in finding out what the club has been doing, you could have PM'd Ian, but instead you chose to make a public statement in what appears to be an attempt to belittle the club and Ian himself. Stick to what you have been doing (which is very good) and keep the crap out of the equation.

Nice to see that Honda Japan are potentially on the case...let's hope they value their reputation more than Honda UK appear to do.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just been told that the current glasses guide states engine and transmission problems for later S2000 models. News is obviously filtering through.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:18 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Honest John or Which? might good places to contact

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/honda/s2000-1999/

"only one known engine failure"...
Old 07-24-2011, 06:21 AM

Loftust, the way in which Ian raised the question (TWICE) suggests to me that whatever the club may (or may not) be doing is for the eyes and ears of "members" only

I have stated my position on this

This is a public forum and therefore I have answered publicly as his question was put to me ie PUBLICLY; TWICE

PM's also work both ways

Maybe it would have been easier for Ian to simply answer the question although your support for him is touching

Perhaps you should re-visit my post(s) I cannot see any "crap" being banded about, I prefer to stick to the facts

I still haven't had an answer although I'm sure there will be one winging its way although I doubt it will be of any substsance

For the record I expect "the club" to have no influence whatsoever with Honda (UK) and the issues will fall to the owners to address,(whether this is individually or as a group) as has happened to date

In view of the current situation though, every little helps and the forum has been of benefit to me (and
others) hence my initial question

Edited for numerous typo's and clarity (in a rush)
Old 07-24-2011, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure everything's being done which can be, and a massive thank you to all those who've been contributing.

I run my own forum for my old school, and it's a thankless task - difficult to fit around a full time job etc. and time-consuming. So thanks to all involved.

Let's hope Honda Japan get somewhere - they've got enough engines to look at, but once failed difficult to confirm the cause I guess. Let's hope it doesn't take too long.....

On the membership side of things, I can see that the prime focus of the UK club will be supporting its members, and hence partly why I felt a duty to join - I've benefitted a lot from the forum, and felt it was good to give something back financially. I do feel it would be good if membership were unified, and/or recognised on the forum - obviating the need to ask if someone's a member.

Just my thoughts - sure they may be reasons it isn't, or can't be?

E
Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 PM
P 1

May I say that I see the news posted by Kiteland HERE (earlier in this thread) as enormously positive news.

I know, as one of those affected, that this problem is enormously frustrating, but now that I know that this has progressed beyond Honda UK and that Honda Japan are now investigating I think we need to allow a reasonable period of time for them to conduct their investigation and reach a conclusion on this.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by P 1
May I say that I see the news posted by Kiteland HERE (earlier in this thread) as enormously positive news.

I know, as one of those affected, that this problem is enormously frustrating, but now that I know that this has progressed beyond Honda UK and that Honda Japan are now investigating I think we need to allow a reasonable period of time for them to conduct their investigation and reach a conclusion on this.
I really hope this gets resolved for you guys soon as the passion for the car and group gatherings is fab so it's a real shame when you have to leave your car at home for events such as Silverstone P1. Good to to meet you at last BTW

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ
Loftust, the way in which Ian raised the question (TWICE) suggests to me that whatever the club may (or may not) be doing is for the eyes and ears of "members" only
I'll let AE clarify his question although my take on this was that S2KUK acknowledged the issue following his action to raise the profile. As a consequence a generic email was sent to S2KUK members detailing the situation. Hopefully with more to follow.
Fingers crossed for you guys.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 AM

Mine is in this afternoon for investigation as I took the Technician out in it this morning and he agreed that there is a whine and it sounds 'rough'. Problem is he said, that I drive it every day and know when it isn't sounding right, whereas he jumps in it every 6 months or so and it is by design, a noisy car.

So I've asked them to again check for the noise at 2-2.5 revs and also check the whine at 3k (30mph) and also sort out the exceptionally annoying squeak that I have somewhere underneath the O/S/R (sounds like bad bed springs!).

Ian, realise I haven't emailed you the updated spreadsheet but the information you already have is good enough as a starter for ten, so as a fully paid up member of S2KUK, can you please update this thread with where the club is at the moment.

No offence to Pete (Kiteland) but HUK advised that Trish and Scott's engines were being collected and sent to Japan and they were never collected from Bristol so whilst I would like to think that Japan have finally got involved, I will believe it when I see it
Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

CJ, I'll send an update out to S2KUK members via email, once there is something more concrete and worthwhile to update on.

At the moment progress is fairly slow as I expected, but there is lots of information gathering going on (including yours)

Cheers
Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 AM

Thanks Ian for the update. I'll keep you informed of what is happening with mine, although the warranty guy at Honda today just rolled his eyes at me when I asked that they wrote down that I wanted the rattle investigated again.

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners