UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
jsh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Honda " do not know the cause of the engine failure's " !!!!! Do they admit they know that '09' engine's are failing and " do not know why " ?

So somebody " high up " ( phil dix ) in Honda customer operation's refuse's to discuss the matter further !

If Mr phil dix ( apt name ) owned a S2000 he'd want to discuss it further !!!

This whole sorry affair has ruined ownership of what was my dream car !

A car I spent £19000 of my pension money on .

Well Honda UK I have new's for you , you may not want to discuss it further but I - and I suspect a great many other people - do want to discuss it and are going to discuss it until you find the moral courage , common decency and honesty to admit you f**ked up and do the decent thing and fix YOUR mistake instead of hoping it will go away with minimal cost to yourself .

If my engine fail's before 100 k mile's Honda will be held accountable as far as I am concerned and I will persue this with " extreme predudice "

I may not know how at this time but I will find a way .

Regard's to all

John
Old 07-20-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Si2k
A supplier change can have a big effect on the quality of components. One main reason for changing supplier is cost too ...

Interesting though, would be good to see some of the removed washers though.

EVO4 s had a crankwalk issue due to the thrust washer design
This is so massively true. The amount of car companies where some prat in purchasing has ordered a cheaper part & it turns out it's cheaper because it's not the same spec - always found out after the damage is done.

Good luck people; it seems that Honda is abandoning the enthusiast market entirely anyway, so your goodwill is no longer required.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Ive said before this is such a load of balls,hopefully my car may be nice enough for people to look at when I have finished with it so I might put a notice in the window saying something like"Be carefull if you buy a new Honda this and others like it have had major engine problems which Honda have refused to acknowledge" or words to that effect.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote name='jsh' timestamp='1311186233' post='20797858']
So Honda " do not know the cause of the engine failure's " !!!!! Do they admit they know that '09' engine's are failing and " do not know why " ?

So somebody " high up " ( phil dix ) in Honda customer operation's refuse's to discuss the matter further !

Yes, Honda (UK) and Steve Dyer in particular know that engines are failing and admit that replacement engines are also failing (verbally, they obviously won't commit to anything in writing)

However, I suspect they do know why and the fix is not a simple one, hence why they will not discuss the matter

Honda (UK) like to use the term "warranty period" an awful lot and are watching the clock IMO

If S2000's were still being sold by Honda it would be a different story
Old 07-21-2011, 10:21 AM

They've probably run a six sigma analysis & concluded it's cheaper to replace explodey engines as they occur until they're out of warranty.

They can then forget about the whole sorry S2000 saga once & for all.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:22 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Has problem affected any 09 S2k's in the states do we know? I know they have a different capacity engine but are some the parts the same surely, something tells me Honda USA might have a different take on this.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by martin j
Has problem affected any 09 S2k's in the states do we know? I know they have a different capacity engine but are some the parts the same surely, something tells me Honda USA might have a different take on this.
Good question; apparently, not.

It's only the euromugs with their whangdang F20cs.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
They've probably run a six sigma analysis & concluded it's cheaper to replace explodey engines as they occur until they're out of warranty.

They can then forget about the whole sorry S2000 saga once & for all.
Which is fine, engines fail and sh1t happens

However IF Honda are knowingly dispatching defective engines as replacements

It isn't
Old 07-21-2011, 10:55 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Anybody made contact with Top Gear or 5th Gear with this fairly dastardly story? In my opinion that is what S2KUK should do.

In 1999 and subsequently Top Gear loved the S2000. Then tested it in the wet versus a Boxster

VBH, then at Top gear and now 5th Gear, is (was) an owner. And a big fan.

You would need to have at least first-hand evidence of what
Originally Posted by Gregsterwiz
Honda (UK) and Steve Dyer in particular know that engines are failing and admit that replacement engines are also failing (verbally)
Old 07-21-2011, 10:59 AM

I have contacted another show and await a second response.

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners