UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg they said back box only. Mind you they also said I never reported any noises until September 10 until I showed them diary entries of every visit and the reason why....

And my bloody seats are wearing again
Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
Greg they said back box only. Mind you they also said I never reported any noises until September 10 until I showed them diary entries of every visit and the reason why....

And my bloody seats are wearing again
My car had the same issue (rattly baffle in n/side back box)

I know they fitted a full exhaust because I saw it arrive in the worlds largest box and I watched the tech fit it (nice big window into the workshop from the customer area)

AFAIK Honda don't supply back box only (it's a full stainless steel system)

Yep, my seats are also wearing at 8k. Not good. That will be another warranty claim.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Bokkies seats started to wear literally weeks after they were replaced - the Clazzio covers I fitted at the same time are still showing NO signs of wear almost a year later.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

I've got wear on the drivers seat but to be honest I'm sick of Honda so I'll suffer it, it adds character.

Came home today and decided to listen for "the noise", car in garage-bonnet up and rev as prescribed, all quiet.(So far) must have been the 2"x4" I had a grip on for luck. Phew gonna have a beer to celebrate, but, I will extend the warranty as SWMBO wants to keep the S long term.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by martin j
I've got wear on the drivers seat but to be honest I'm sick of Honda so I'll suffer it, it adds character.

Came home today and decided to listen for "the noise", car in garage-bonnet up and rev as prescribed, all quiet.(So far) must have been the 2"x4" I had a grip on for luck. Phew gonna have a beer to celebrate, but, I will extend the warranty as SWMBO wants to keep the S long term.
I'm sure your car is fine . The noise is best heard with the bonnet down (too much clatter from everything else)

A lot of owners bought their cars with the intention of keeping them, I know I did, but Honda's current stance is not good

I just don't relish the thought of multiple engine transplants if Honda cannot guarantee any replacement engines to be free of a mauufacturing defect

And if they don't know the cause of the engine failures (or so they say) they cannot do that

Very poor and completely unacceptable IMO
Old 07-05-2011, 02:20 AM

Nissan Navara anyone ?
Old 07-05-2011, 02:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone having issues with the paint on the headlight washers? mine has cracked? looks like 3 or 4 tiny spider webs cracks on the washer unit. no sign of impact, so pretty sure it is just a paint adhesion failure. I reported it to dealer at last service who photographed and sent to HUK for warranty investigation....

tumble weed ever since.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 AM

Chase them up. My dealer got a response within 3 days about doing my seats.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Interesting snippet; the conrods on the V10 had the sides of their conrod big ends coated with dianond-like carbon, in order to control wear. I don't know if that might be a lesson learned from end float problems on late F20cs? Obviously they had two per big end, so friction issues would be multiplied.

Probably a useless bit of info, but if everyone asks HUK about it?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:44 AM

Nick, I don't know if it would be a lesson learned as the F20C did not have any real issues for years

I do suspect, however, that there may have been a dodgy batch of bearings (big end/ small end/ mains/ etc)

Or maybe an issue with the machining of the blocks (too long) or the crankshaft (too small)

TBH it's all been done to death already and it's speculation until (IF) Honda come clean

For Honda not to know the cause of failures is, IMO,

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners