UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 06-29-2011, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE - I received my phone call yesterday from a lady called Dion at Honda UK, i'd waited 5 days to get the call. What an utter waste of time, she obviously knew NOTHING about even the basic mechanics and as you can probably guess told me there was nothing more they would do as the technical department assured her there were NO known problems with the 09 engined cars.

She told me not worry about the noise and drive the car until it gets worse!!!! What fantastic advice!

Thanks Honda!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by tjhmortimer
UPDATE - I received my phone call yesterday from a lady called Dion at Honda UK, i'd waited 5 days to get the call. What an utter waste of time, she obviously knew NOTHING about even the basic mechanics and as you can probably guess told me there was nothing more they would do as the technical department assured her there were NO known problems with the 09 engined cars.

She told me not worry about the noise and drive the car until it gets worse!!!! What fantastic advice!

Thanks Honda!!!
Oh my word!!!

Without dwelling on all previous comments made on this post regarding Honda's duty of care there would appear to be a fundamental breakdown in communications within the company.

Is it not worth returning the call following the advice on previous posts with regard to the contacts made at Honda and their advice prior to submitting a letter to HQ detailing this fundamentl flaw and bad publicity they are gaining and would want to avoid?

Whilst others here might question the point it at least raises a fundamental issue they need to address to demonstrate duty of care to all its customers in ensuring public confidence and potentially our safety. It also creates a registered form of communication for them to address if needed further down the line. If you get my drift!!

Flabbergasted!!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 AM

Any update on exactly what 'the plan' is from S2KUK? I've volunteered but haven't heard anything.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
Any update on exactly what 'the plan' is from S2KUK? I've volunteered but haven't heard anything.
CJ,

People were adamant on here that I as the club Chairman should kick things off, so unfortunately you have to wait for me to get a chance to do so. The plan was posted by me previously, and is above, earlier in the thread for you to read.

Like I explained, I will kick things off with an email to all members, but unfortunately I've been busy at work, and also organising MM7, Silverstone Classic, Honda competition, S2KUK Charity vote and helping with JAE, alongside the day to day running of the club.

I've been in touch quite a bit with Kiteland by 'phone and email. He has also offered assistance, and been proactive in terms of saying what he can do to help.

If you want to contact the club directly and offer up what you could do to help, it's better doing so using the club email address, as you know the forums are not the club, and I'm not always able to check every thread here. Rest assured, S2KUK will do all it can to try and assist members in this regard. "The Club" is the sum of all the members.

Cheers
Ian
Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
I've been in touch quite a bit with Kiteland by 'phone and email. He has also offered assistance, and been proactive in terms of saying what he can do to help.

Ian
Old 06-30-2011, 08:56 AM

CJ,

People were adamant on here that I as the club Chairman should kick things off, so unfortunately you have to wait for me to get a chance to do so. The plan was posted by me previously, and is above, earlier in the thread for you to read.

Like I explained, I will kick things off with an email to all members, but unfortunately I've been busy at work, and also organising MM7, Silverstone Classic, Honda competition, S2KUK Charity vote and helping with JAE, alongside the day to day running of the club.
Delegate Ian!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As said below,Guys i feel for ever one of you who have had to contact Honda Uk They are so unreliable they don't bother calling back when you speak to them they all say Oh Mr Nixon I am so surprized to hera that your the first person etc etc etc bull shit speal they all seem to have.
I had 4 months trying to sort Our new Type R , never got back the money they should have paid us,Honda UK are no longer the company Honda started out with I for one will never buy another new Honda and i have been driving them for over 20 years.

I see Bokkie on a regular basis, the name given at HondaUK isn't one i mention unless I fancy running the risk of a punch in the face. The level of service she's received from the department that HE runs is abysmal, she may only be one customer out of thousands but her experiences with them mirror my own - the level of commercial arrogance is stunning. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just his stafff that were next to useless, missed calls back, failed to reply to emails but he's as bad if not worse.

Oh and the only reason she's not posted up about it herself in any detail is that the issues are STILL ongoing. 18 months of customer service involvement, dealer ineptitude ( there is no other word for it ) have all taken their toll on how she feels about the car. She'll no doubt correct me, but I think it has spent almost 3 months in total at the Dealer.

I watch with interest but I remain to be convinced and there's no way in hell i'd ever buy another Honda.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 AM

It has certainly tainted my own view on Honda and having purchased this GT100 for keeps, I am already thinking about getting rid of it
Old 07-01-2011, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
It has certainly tainted my own view on Honda and having purchased this GT100 for keeps, I am already thinking about getting rid of it
Why ? It's still going isn't it

That's probably what Honda would like you to do though, IMO it helps their current stance

I'd wait a bit and see what happens
Old 07-01-2011, 04:50 AM

I love driving it but I'm listening out for the noise all the time and waiting for it to go pop!

I'm just not confident in it.

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners