UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Information for 09 owners

Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ
Jonesey, doesn't sound too good

Paranoia can set in reading this thread but if it's something which has developed and isn't "normal" then best of luck

Bristol Honda seem to be the best dealer to take it to as they are aware of the issues

Bought it from them anyway, so know the dealership well. It's the 3rd S I've had (02 then 04) and those cars didn't make that sound.

Anyway, that's what warranties are for ! Just a thought - it's just been serviced (2 years old) - will that have 'flushed' anything from the sump during the oil change ?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:20 AM

It is, but if you've read through the thread you'll notice that people have also suffered a failure of the replacement engine

And you may be out of warranty then

Always the option to buy an extended warranty but in view of the problems on some cars Honda should be extending the warranty and footing the bill IMO
Old 06-23-2011, 10:31 AM

Always the option to buy an extended warranty but in view of the problems on some cars Honda should be extending the warranty and footing the bill IMO
Completely agree!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:50 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by loftust' timestamp='1308850913' post='20712649
[quote name='GREGSTERWIZ' timestamp='1308764345' post='20708659']
Don't get mad

Get Dom !!
That's not a bad idea if other avenues don't work out
Believe me, it's crossed my mind

Especially as I have been waiting since Monday for a reply from Steve Dyer at Honda (UK)

It may surprise you but I can be extremely tenacious when I need to be
[/quote]

He has avoidance issues - ask Bokkie
Old 06-23-2011, 01:25 PM

fester, I'm aware of that due to a lack of response (assuming you mean Dyer and not Dom)

in any case I would imagine his reply to be a typical one from someone who does not really give a shit and is merely trying to advance his own career path and protect the company he currently works for

if this is not the case I will be pleasantly surprised, if not shocked

anyway, we shall see
Old 06-23-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Jo Proud to Steve Dyer to Matt Gibson back to whoever - email tennis is email tennis no matter whos name is on the list. last time i spoke to them, they didn't even hold a copy of the used car warranty at customer services HQ - complete and utter waste of time. I wouldn't entrust them with spongebobs square pants.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 PM

Internal politics (of which I am a master )

I don't play fair
Old 06-23-2011, 11:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your engine number is 27 above Gaspode's which, I believe, was the first 09 to fail

Don't panic just yet

Is it the faint, metallic, "pinking", loose heatshield, very tinny kind of noise and what is your mileage (just for info on this thread)
[/quote]
Greg,what do you mean 27 above? Does that mean numbers below havent failed?I think by the time ive done 10-15000 miles my car will be around 8 years old I am thinking of getting a fully forged engine for mine,that way I can wind up the boost on the supercharger and this Fecking headache about the engine failing to be replaced with an engine which may also fail will be a thing of the past,that way Ill kill 2 birds with 1 stone,Ill have a safe strong engine and I wont have to deal with ignorant arse polishers who dont give a hoot(I controlled my swearing ) about us.My main car is a Mazda 2,I was going to buy a Honda Jazz,thank feck I didnt.I have married into a very large family and I will make sure nobody in that family ever buys anything to do with Hondas again,that goes for bikes aswell.I was going to buy some OEM 4 piece mats but I dont even want to give them that much money.My car is a Garage queen and I have no intentions of getting rid so a forged engine will probably outlive me.
I am sorry to go on but this makes my blood boil.I had a situation with Harley Davidson which I would have gone to hell and back before I let them get away with it but fortunatly Kirk at Chester Harley resolved it,Harley UK and USA didnt give a sh1t.If Honda where replacing the engines with good engines it wouldnt be so bad,but what they are doing just shows their contempt for the customer.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tjhmortimer
Originally Posted by Ste_Nova' timestamp='1308814827' post='20711195
another one in chester honda yesterday, has noise, measurements in tolerance, the person i spoke to was aware there was an issue

Hi Ste_Nova

Did you take your car to Chester Honda yesterday? They certainly wern't aware until I made them aware!!! Did you get any joy with them?

Tom
no i was just picking up some bits, i'm friends with the parts manager and he said they had an 09 in on the ramps straight away i said 'endfloat' and he replyed 'yep and its in tolerance'
Old 06-24-2011, 12:17 AM

mr pitts

There is a list of failed engine numbers in this thread, but there will be more

I meant Gaspode's car was the first to fail date wise, not engine number wise

The best thing any concerned owner can do is contact Honda (UK)

The information posted on this forum has been of benefit to me thus far

Quick Reply: Information for 09 owners