UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Impressed with Honda UK

Old 06-02-2003, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impressed with Honda UK

I am very impressed with Honda UK - I bought a 2nd hand import from Japan originally registered '99 in japan. I checked with Honda UK regarding recalls etc. They emailed me back saying that the spark plug update was outstanding and I could have it done at no cost to me!

Now to try to get Tunbridge Wells Honda to answer the phone - this might be a little more difficult from past experience
Old 06-02-2003, 07:02 AM

Honda UK seem very accomodating when it comes to imports. If you look at a company like Subaru the main dealers are still not allowed to touch Jap imports and I was even told that they have random inspections to check that dealers aren't servicing these cars. That's a company where people imported products that they couldn't get here, not just for cost. The Subaru EU imports only have 1 yr warranty, no roadside assistance and are not allowed to have the Prodrive Performace Pack fitted.

Honda UK were also very very helpful when I was mis-sold the EU import, and have been happy to help when I've been trying to trace history of a couple of different cars I have looked at.

Stigzed, if you're not happy with Tunbridge Wells take it to one of the high ranked dealers in the Dealer Satisfaction Survey.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:05 AM

Stigzed,

Now get that badass machine onto the track academy day in Oxford on the 19th July, we could even convoy.

Del.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:13 AM

Just as an aside and a little O/T Mitsubishi, Subaru, Isuzu and a few other makes are imported in Gt Britain and some other markets by a concessionaire. A totally independant and autonomous business not controlled by the manufacturer.
This is what allows them [pre block exemption] to dictate terms to their franchise holders.
Honda UK is a part of Honda's global empire and as such has transparency on matters such as warranty, recalls etc. It is in manufacturers own interest to behave this way, it is not in a concessionaires interest to assist individuals or companies who circumvent them by importing similar product and leaving them no margin to assist come warranty time. They may in fact have negotiated either fixed warranty amounts per car to be self administered or no warranty at all for a reduced purchase price, so they will be unwilling to help.

Well done to Honda UK.

Allan