UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Importing MY05 RHD UK Spec

Old 06-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing MY05 RHD UK Spec

I've been looking for a new car for a month or so but nothing seems to beat the S2000 so I've decided to purchase number five! I'm on a staff waiting list for the ALFA Brera but it looks set to be a while until that comes through.

I decided I want to get a brand new car but the thought of spending 25/27K does not sit well. For the same money I could have a full UK spec import leaving me with enough pocket money to turn it into a full Mugen beast!

So I had a look at the usual suspects (Bob G and Nissans Direct etc) but I think I'd prefer to personally pick one up from Beligum/Netherlands.

This is where it gets interesting.

I've searched about on here but was unable to find any specific details of people doing this with an S2000?

I spoke to HUK who said they had nothing to do with it but confirmed that I should be able to obtain one without too many problems.

I searched for a dealership and came up with the following:

www.vannieuwkerk.nl - Honda dealer based near Amsterdam.

Under the Export tab they display the following statement:

Automotive-centre Van Nieuwkerk started as official Honda-dealer in Holland in 1977. We are used to sell UK-equiped new cars in the UK. Last year we made a lot of people very happy with the delivery of a new right-hand-drive-car. They did feel good and appreciated the good service and the fair communication during the time of delivery. The Honda-cars we sell are the same specification as you can order in the UK.

Sounds good!

So I called them to ask for further details but apparently they no longer offer RHD vehicles due to pressures imposed by the distributor?!!?

I called Honda NL and spoke to 3 separate contacts. They seemed very nervous with my questions and took my name and contact so that the Sales Director could call me back, he never did.

So I guess I'm looking for advice/interest in obtaining cars from Europe. I noticed the GB on MY05's and I'd be up for organising directly with a dealer as we could save a good amount of money plus we'd have the opportunity to fully spec the car from scratch.

I've got some good contacts in the motor trade so delivery might even be a viable option. Save the cost on flying out there to put towards the delivery, mini meet to pick your car up in the UK! Although I do like the thought of driving it back as run in cruise!

PS - One last thing whilst I remember. I checked the price of a new S2000 and the above dealer is showing 48.29500 EUR Euro = 32.36925 GBP for a local LHD spec vehicle!

So has anyone managed to bring their own RHD spec S over to the UK?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:47 AM

Any reason why you don't want to go through an importer (ie Bob Gerard etc)?

My S came from a dealer in Antwerp, I will get the address from the my documents if you want?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:54 AM

Do a search for Honda Verhagen - excellent dealership and happy to help you import.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Banned

I'm not opposed to using an importer but I'd like to find out if a personal import is viable and cost effective. The pick up weekend and drive back would be cool as well.

Cheers for the dealer link, I'll call them this afternoon.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Amuse Boy,Jun 9 2005, 11:54 AM
Do a search for Honda Verhagen - excellent dealership and happy to help you import.

I spoke to chap a this dealer and they feel it should be no problem. I aksed them to confirm price and availability back to me on email so I'll post the result.

Shounds good yar!
Old 06-09-2005, 06:47 AM

Why bother?

Why not go the Bob Gerard route?

I'd give them 10 out of 10 + I've not seen a bad word on here.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Banned

Why bother?

Because I just got quoted 21K for a brand new S2000!!!

AB's suggested dealer came back with the following positive response to my call:

Off course it is possible for us to deliver the S2000.

The price of the S2000 will be EUR 31,350.18. Exclusive delivery cost and metallic paint.

That works out at 21,031.10 GBP at todays exchange rate on XE!

Now the only downer in all of this is the delivery time, which could be as long as 6 months but really does not bother me as I already have an S2000 for this summer!

I mentioned a group buy and they told me this could potentially lower the price further.

Toight loik toiger
Old 06-09-2005, 07:12 AM

I would agree with them Idle. If importing from Verhagen - you will have to sort out your own pick up or delivery - around
Old 06-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Amuse Boy,Jun 9 2005, 03:12 PM] I would agree with them Idle. If importing from Verhagen - you will have to sort out your own pick up or delivery - around
Old 06-09-2005, 07:20 AM

Okay - if you decide to go with Verhagen, you'll have no problems. Make sure you get some freebies thrown in and ensure he deducts the Dutch tax.

PS - also English Manual and service book with all relevant stamps

Quick Reply: Importing MY05 RHD UK Spec