UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Immobiliser key fob playing up, please help.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobiliser key fob playing up, please help.

Hi guys,

Dropped my keys today and the fob has stopped working. This has happened once before but after a bit of fiddling with the housing there was a distinctive 'click' and it began working again. This time I am having no joy having unscrewed it to take a look inside.

I will change the battery 2mo but I'm not sure what to do if that doesn't work. I have a 2000 year model and I have the 2nd grey fob that lets you lock the doors and open the boot however this won't deactivate the immobiliser to start the car!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need the car on a day to day basis and am getting a bit worried!

Thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 07:53 AM
DCC

I had almost an identical issue happen to me this weekend! I spoke to Hamilton and Palmer who were the original manufacturer of the alarm and immobilizer system and they're sending out a Remote refurbishment pack - basically a shell remote and you remove the chip set from your old remote and slot it in - its 12 quid. or 42 quid for a new one, but the old one still needs to be working apparently to be able to programme it... this being said, i have read threads that say it can be done with a sequence involving the ignition key and turning ignition at certain intervals...

as a final option, i think they can reprogramme a brand new one for you, but i think they'll charge a bit more for it... although im almost certain less than a Honda stealer would!

I'll let you know how i get on with the refurbishment!

email address: sales@hamilton-palmer.co.uk
Old 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Thanks, well it appears my little s is a bit of a gem.....found the log book, Honda warranty and manual in the secret compartment in the boot which also has the book on the immobiliser! Not bad for a 10 year old motor!

Have resurrected the key fob housing, reprogrammed it using the ignition sequence and hey presto it works! Only strange thing being it's changed which button does what (to the correct way) which means when I bought the car it was doing it arse about tit!

Anyhow, is it worth me scanning the immobiliser booklet and sending it to the mods? Or do you think this might be a security issue?