UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I'm bored with My S

Old 02-04-2007, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee, move out of London up to the proper North or Scotland and you'll never want to sell it
Old 02-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Banned

I've hated every car I've ever owned at this time of year. It's got more to do with S.A.D. than any of the cars themselves.

It's been crisp, dry and sunny for a couple of days now mate, so you should be out enjoying it.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sell it lee. You have previously mentioned more extreme weekend toys. Do not fanny about. There's a wealth of hot drivers who have benefitted from the upgrade and told us as much.

Ps I am slightly tipsy and such advice should be taken with a pinch of salt....
Old 02-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Xd

The Exige S screwed me, I should never have driven that, foot down on my favourite bit of road and it when like the proverbial. Now the S feels like a lardy Merc with its electronic windows and power assisted steering

Captain miserable FFS, you knew what you was getting when you married me Luv

Cheered up a bit today, watching Dr. John and Massive attack on "Live from Abbey Rd" Fecking beutiful

Think I was just having a bit of a 'Dreamer' moment.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I often consider another car but then I remember how some of the track guys hand my arse on a plate to me and realise how much I have to learn. Then there is the fact my car is modded to my preference. If neither issue existed then I would change cars too, provided that I didn't have to pay much more. However, I just shortened my mortgage term to pay off mortgage quicker so what do I know about fast car enthusiasm?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:59 AM

Temptation Corner!!

Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Ooooo
Old 02-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Xd

Yeah, very nice but. 30k? Think im gonna invest the money in a house, get out of this flat

Still respect Marc, looking forward to seeing you both at Arran, oh and Soapy
Old 02-04-2007, 02:14 PM

The roads weren't slippy at all today, it was perfect driving weather. Cold air for the engine - great for the airbox cover off, and perfect dry roads for some very fast action.

Had one of the best driving days ever today.

Salt... who cares... my car was the cleanest it's been in months, it was glowing. Bit after 130 miles of chasing Burnie and the gang around the Dales it's a tad dusty.

25 min clean tomorrow and it will be good as new again

I really never understand why people don't take the S out for proper drives in these conditions
Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Apologies for the waffle but here it is .........................

Get over it - we all get bored of what we already have. The reasons why you got it in the fist place are still there. Changing will end up costing more in depreciation, buying/selling differences etc than the insurance etc.

I go through this all the time - I have managed to get through this stage many times in the last 5 years and still have the S. Got through a Mini in a year as the 'sensible commuter' and then splashed out on an M3 as the 'senisble car', as a way of diverting the temptation to sell the S. Then decided that the M3 was a costly extravagance and looked at Alpina D3 as a more sensisble choice, only to realise that the M3 is s**t hot and nothing else really matches.

Same applies to the S - it's a one off and as each year goes by driving one will be cooler and cooler.

I've just changed jobs and either work from home or walk to train. Currently doing just c. 300 miles a month across the S and M3 - I should sell one, but I'll only regret it and waste money elsewhere to compensate, or buy something else in a few months time.

Buy what you like and then stick with it - it's like a relationship it's gets stronger over time, but perhaps with a little less (or maybe just different ) passion !!!! ???? The grass isn't really greener, it's just a different shade.

Quick Reply: I'm bored with My S