UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

If you had a choice to respray

Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vixen,May 17 2007, 02:16 AM
Have a guess
Vixen - is that your car in the photo?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:26 AM

Loads of white ones in the japanese autions.

Originally Posted by Survey S2000,May 17 2007, 02:25 AM
Lambo green with black leather outer and inner alcantra interior and green stiching. Smoked wheels
Could we photoshop that please, now that sounds sweet!

no its off fast and furious.... i think

stick with me!

i got a load of colours going on!!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Neil.H,May 17 2007, 02:23 AM
I wouldn't respray though, I would just get one imported, more cost effective and less hassle.
Surely not!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 AM

i thick that a black windscreen surround would go well to
Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 AM

I have no idea why people keep saying sell and buy a JDM or a new one!

If you sell (Take into act the loss you would make) then pay for new import (If you already had some mods ) take into act the time / cost to put all those mods back on new car then take into act the time it's costing you to all this and expenses.

Seriously if you paint your car and explain it to most buyers (I loved my car and didnt want to sell / redo all my mods on it so I repainted it and it's never been in a crash it's not rated Class D) then I see no issue I would buy it, hell I might even pay a little more if it's unique. If it's a good paint job most wont even notice or care for that matter as long as the car is in top shape.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Havas,May 17 2007, 10:37 AM
I have no idea why people keep saying sell and buy a JDM or a new one!

If you sell (Take into act the loss you would make) then pay for new import (If you already had some mods ) take into act the time / cost to put all those mods back on new car then take into act the time it's costing you to all this and expenses.

Seriously if you paint your car and explain it to most buyers (I loved my car and didnt want to sell / redo all my mods on it so I repainted it and it's never been in a crash it's not rated Class D) then I see no issue I would buy it, hell I might even pay a little more if it's unique. If it's a good paint job most wont even notice or care for that matter as long as the car is in top shape.

A proper respray in a different colour should cost a few grand, and should involve stripping the car right down - otherwise you end up with a different coloured engine bay and so on. If it costs less than that then it's probably had corners cut.

Compare that with buying a JDM car - why does it have to be new? there are stacks of used cars in mint condition in the auctions, of every spec you could want - which are cheap to buy for the equivalent year compared with the UK, set aside a day to remove the old mods and refit to the new car. Easy.

Respraying raises certain questions for potential buyers - a bad paint job may take a year or two before it starts to show. Someone on here posted a picture of a patch of paint on their car that was starting to change colour which was the result of a poor respray in the past (can't remember who it was, but it was fairly recent). Now imagine that happening on a whole car and having to get the whole thing redone. Then there's the question of why it was resprayed - to hide something possibly?

It's a bit naive to think that you can just explain this to buyers, and they will take your word for it!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:01 AM

I would love to see it in a TVR flip too Badger. It would look cool IMO.

Can someone photoshop one please?

or?

Quick Reply: If you had a choice to respray