UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ice Ice Baby

Old 11-17-2005, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Concerning the frost issue, how does the roof material cope with it? Other thing watch out for leaves on the road,had a wobble at the back turning into my mates road which was covered in leaves.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaves on the road! ....diesel on the roundabouts! The s2000 is starting to sound like a british rail train...

Had the roof down yesterday...love driving in the cold winter sun
Old 11-17-2005, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY frosty here, south Manchester, -4 on a readout.

Car defrosts very quickly compared to others i've had & the heater is fantastic. No top down for me, communte to short. Car felt fine on the roads & i wasn't taking too much care.

Stunning scenery like this..............throw a sicky & North Wales along the Vale of Llangollen anyone??

Ed
Old 11-18-2005, 12:14 AM

Warmed the car for a few mins on the heater & then got the roof down.

Cold... dunno the temperature, but fantastic drive with the roof down all the way.

7 miles, but takes 35 mins with traffic. Don't understand why a 15 min drive is too short - it takes 7 seconds to get the roof down & once you've defrosted the windows the frost has gone from the roof too.

Thanks to all those who said you don't need a hardtop for an S....you were soooooo right. Last couple of days have been amazing with the roof down
Old 11-18-2005, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by grahamb,Nov 17 2005, 01:53 PM
Wish I could have had the roof down this morning - it's glorious here. Too much frost on it though and my journey to work only takes 15 minutes.

I had the heater on full blast for 15 mins before I left and it still hadn't defrosted the roof enough - couldn't wait any longer
Old 11-18-2005, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by The Man,Nov 18 2005, 10:14 AM
7 miles, but takes 35 mins with traffic. Don't understand why a 15 min drive is too short - it takes 7 seconds to get the roof down & once you've defrosted the windows the frost has gone from the roof too.
You must have a better heater, after 15 mins roof was still 'crunchy' and I'm not risking damaging the mechanism
Old 11-18-2005, 12:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

way too chuffing cold to have the roof down this morning. I have a 16 mile journey to work and i got to work at 8.00. apart from the ice i scraped off the front and side windows this morning, the car is still completely white with frost, including the hood.

roof down in this weather? Cracked rear window anyone?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My tyres are on their last legs on all four corners. Nearly understeered into someone going round a wee roundabout at Sainsbury's yesterday. Too busy to use the right foot (I don't like getting lairy when there's loads of traffic; you're just asking for trouble) so the front end just didn't want to know ...

Have taken the plunge and decided to go for Toyo Proxes T1-Rs all round. It'll be the first time I've not had Bridgestones on it, so looking forward to see how it goes.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Banned

I've been defrosting since Monday and it's rotten. I keep meaning to buy a scraper and some de-icer, but forget every time I pass Halfords. There was so much powder and credit cards going on this morning I thought I was Kate Moss for a minute!

I do my F1 style weaving in the morning to get some heat into the front tyres (which are pretty worn), because if I dont I just get zero grip when I turn the wheel.

Once I'm going though, I'm fine. I'm taking roundabouts way quicker than most cars, and actually overtook a chav'd up Impreza Turbo last night on the twisties. Some people just seem to be driving way too slow, just because it's a bit cold.

IMO, the S2000's only dodgy on the first few miles, but once it's heated up I have a lot of confidence in it.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Vixen,Nov 18 2005, 09:15 AM

I had the heater on full blast for 15 mins before I left and it still hadn't defrosted the roof enough - couldn't wait any longer
Doesn't help that I'm a permanent "oh shit is that the time" kind of person in the mornings

Quick Reply: Ice Ice Baby