UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I got pulled - Longish

Old 08-28-2002, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, got pulled by an un-marked police car (blue vectra or summin) last night.
Here's what happened, I pulled out of my road, standard T Junction onto 30 road, there was a car about 100 meters back on the side I was going (right turn) so I proceed to pull out and get quickly up to 30, he is still gaining on me pretty fast, had ultra white/blue bulbs which made me think it was police at first anyway, then he sat up my arse so I didn't think it was and sped up to 35, came up to a set of lights which were just changing, two lanes at lights and car sat in left lane so I pulled over to the right and went past him, car behind still right up my arse, so stupidly I increase to 40 down two lane road and the blue lights come on.
I pulled over and the bloke got out the car (only one in there), I got out of the car as well to be greeted by the most arrogant police officer I have ever met. Doesn't help that I am 22, wearing a hoodie and a cap and driving a fast car. Am polite to him "do you know what you did" etc. questions fired at me... and all I get back is that I am an arrogant and I quote "fcuker" and I shouldn't be driving so aggressively on the road.
I accepted this and questioned him as to why he sped up and sat up my arse after I pulled out, and all I got back was that I didn't need to go over the speed limit because he was there and that it had nothing to do with it. Anyway, he showed me the video in his car (that
Old 08-28-2002, 03:11 AM

Is it any wonder that an increasing number of drivers have little or no respect for the police, when they pull stunts like that?

I've only ever been pulled once (for doing 50 in a 40 zone on a dual carriageway, at 1.30am when there was virtually no other traffic around), and I got a really sarky traffic copper giving me the usual lectures. I just had to sit there and take it because I knew I'd simply be creating more trouble for myself if I gave him any lip and a reason to book me.

And if there's ever a difference in the account of events provided by the driver and that provided by the copper, you know very well that the magistrate is going to believe the copper 99 times out of 100.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:13 AM

Sean,

Sorry to hear that mate, were you in Aylesbury at the time? I've seen an unmarked dark blue Volvo cruising round waiting to prey on the unsuspected.

I think that as he let you off you should be OK? I hope so anyway.

Regards

Ian
Old 08-28-2002, 03:16 AM

Sean

Sounds like a jealous asshole to me. He does not need a piggy partner if he has the video evidence but if he did not advise you of an intent to prosecute, he missed his opportunity to prove who was driving the car.

Ignore it, if I earnt what he earnt I'd be pissed off at a youngster in an S2k
Old 08-28-2002, 03:17 AM

I really did find it had to say as little as possible, but the police officer was just being such an arse, all I could say was I know what I did was wrong and that I should not have done it and all I get back is that I am being cheeky, arrogant and I don't give a x about anyone else that is on the road.

Was probably listening to him rant for a good 15 mins.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:17 AM

What a t*$$er, I suppose nearly everyone on here could tell a similar story....

Can you be charged later --- not too sure what the law is on that, however I would have thought if he was going to do you then he would have done it there and then.

I seem to remember from somewhere in the dim and distant past that there are supposed to be two of them (one as a witness perhaps) if they do pull you and give you a ticket, although if he has video evidence, effectively a witness, I dont know if that is the case.

Typical though, comes right up behind you and "initmidates" you (for want of a better word) into speeding up!!! Git!

At least you didn't floor it.......

Having had my own share of run ins with the law in the past, I'm glad to see you got let off with a bollocking.

Oh yeah, and can you tell me where you get all "...your other girls..." from?

cheers easy

jacko
Old 08-28-2002, 03:20 AM

Yeah was in Aylesbury, heading from the Mandeville Road, Stoke Road over the train bridge onto the gyratory system heading towards town, pulled me by the Equitable Life building.
Was about 11:30pm.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:32 AM

I think I would prefer a lecture to having some machine taking my photo and a computer sending me a fine and points etc.

Wooly
Old 08-28-2002, 03:35 AM

He had a chip on his shoulder by the sound of it Sean
Old 08-28-2002, 03:46 AM

Sounds like a very, very bad case of extreme jealousy to me.
I highly doubt he'll prosecute - presumably its clear from the video that he's just off your bumper and trying to goad you into racing ? Did you get to see much of the video ?

If so that, coupled with your girlfriends possible testament that he drove too close, will likely dissuade him from taking it further.

It worries me intensely that we rely on unprofessional to$$ers like that to keep the peace. As previously mentioned, the court will blindly agree with them every time - carte blanche to get away with whatever they want. Sadly, as Mark mentioned, the best option is to be as quiet and compliant as you can then hope he gets bored.
I really hope he represents a very small, minor group in an otherwise professional and hard-woking force. Unfortunately his kind appear to be increasing, nowadays.

Quick Reply: I got pulled - Longish