UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I got my S back....

Old 08-02-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Won't it require an SVA as it's an import?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evan2,Aug 2 2005, 09:25 PM
i got yall i knew that i mean i have an insurance card but if i was in an accident they wouldnt cover it, it just says i have it though and i doubt they would be the wiser
Meanwhile, the poor sap you've hit has to pay for their own repairs, treatment etc.

Do the rest of Wiltshire a favour - use your wife's Civic for a couple more days.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For an MOT, I'm sure it will need an SVA.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:48 PM

SVA is???

guys I just said I only drove it home from ruslip to swindon, about 70 miles on teh m4 and that was it
simmer down now, and i dont know how things work here but in the end if I hit someone I would get owned..
Old 08-02-2005, 12:51 PM

Yeah you'd get fined about a grand I think and probably banned from driving. That's not the point, I couldn't give a stuff what happens to the uninsured.

It's the OTHER person in the accident, the one you hit that then has to pay for their own repairs and so on (or take the hit on the no claims bonus on their own insurance).

Can you tell I've been on the receiving end of a prick with no insurance before?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 PM

err thats sucks but what part dont you get, i ve had a hard time finding ins becuase for some odd reason in the day that the internet is so powerful somehow two of the biggest powers in teh world cant seem to share info back and forth so i can get local insurance and not be treated like i am 18 with no credit

same goes with credit in general..

why cant they just merge....

i just drove the car home if not i would of have to waited 2 more weeks until i could pick it up again
i was tdy last week in a rental and had no time to look for ins
Old 08-02-2005, 01:02 PM

There's none of it I don't "get". I'm simply saying it's irrelevant. As far as I'm concerned, there's no excuse for driving without insurance. Ever.

If you can't sort it, you use a different car. Or public transport. Or get a lift. I don't really care, you don't drive uninsured.

I'll get off my high horse now But to appeal to your consequences for a moment, if you so much as get pulled for speeding, or have a minor shunt and the police get called to it, you will lose your driving licence. And get fined a LOT of money. It might even result in a criminal record actually, now that I think about it. Which wouldn't do you many favours with your CO.

The whole insurance thing is a totally different kettle of fish here than the US.

edit - actually, just to give you an idea, uninsured drivers come only just below drink drivers in terms of the driving public's defintion of "scum"
Old 08-02-2005, 01:10 PM

yea cuz yall drive like maniacas
Old 08-02-2005, 01:12 PM

its over your head, i havea car with insurance but we had to get my car back home i had to pick it up
Old 08-02-2005, 01:18 PM

That's what I mean about car insurance being different here. Just because you're insured on the Civic (or anything else) does not mean you're insured on the S.

You have to have a specific policy for each car you drive (or be a named driver on some else's policy).

Quick Reply: I got my S back....