UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I`m in the market for an S2000 - expert help please! (newbie alert!!!)

Old 07-22-2002, 12:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nelson,
I am indeed considering an import .

Arsie,
currently am in communication with Gdowsett, he`s being very helpful and lets see, maybe something positive will come of the comms. To you, apologies, I`ve seen a black one, nice colour, but not for me - I`m stuck with wanting the grey derivative (ooh sorry, Silverstone!). Good luck in selling yours, what is it you want to replace the car with?

Thanks all for the comments - I`ll see if the dealer calls me today - I`m certainly not doing the chasing,

Colin
Old 07-22-2002, 12:48 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally posted by cheshire_carper
Arsie,
To you, apologies, I`ve seen a black one, nice colour, but not for me - I`m stuck with wanting the grey derivative (ooh sorry, Silverstone!). Good luck in selling yours, what is it you want to replace the car with?Colin
No need for apols. Get the colour you want! I'm importing the colour I really want .

First time round it was 'got to have the car - who cares what colour' and I've never regretted. There were less than 50 in the country and lead time was going out from 1 to 2 years for orders. Mind you I now know that was at least partly dealers 'come on' sales talk

You should not give the dealer more than
Old 07-22-2002, 01:27 AM

Rog
thanks for the comments. Is it Verhagen you are using to source the car? and whats the lead time? What colour have you gone for.

Yep...you *will* see me as an owner, when, not sure...but you will. It was the same with an MR2 roadster....as soon as I saw the prototypes I wanted one, and then dumped myself down on the waiting list. I really wanted an S2000, but didn`t have 28k - only 20! and its the same now - still couldn`t justify 28k myself, the wife would go mental but I`m happy to pay 20k for used or early 20`s for a new import.

Can`t wait......am excited for it!
Old 07-22-2002, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(I`m in Congleton btw, and yes, I like fishing!)
Hi Cheshire,

Congleton!!!!! I used to live there (till 1980 - yes I am an old git now) We lived in Berkshire drive, then moved to Cross lane in Mossley.

How is the old place, it has been about 9 years since I was last there...

Regards

John
Old 07-22-2002, 02:21 AM

Yeah, I`ve lived in Congy since 1995 - I like it and can`t see myself moving.....really nice little place - growing but hasn`t changed much...you`d recognise it easily.

If I get an S2k (when!) you (or I) can pop over and have a chinwag

Col
Old 07-22-2002, 06:24 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Rog
thanks for the comments. Is it Verhagen you are using to source the car? and whats the lead time? What colour have you gone for.
Colin,

yes I'm a Ferry man. he's the sales boss. 4-5 months lead time. Due mid October. MC Blue. I considered Nurb. but SWMBO said it was a young girl's colour. Which is not what I need (but there are many here who swear by it ).

You could do a lot worse than Gary's for
Old 07-22-2002, 10:37 AM

Well since posting on the board I`ve had more help and offers in one day than 3 dealers could muster up in a fortnight - so its lovely to see the community on here is as strong as the one I`m involved with re: carp fishing.

I`m non the wiser though, because I`ve got a few options and just trying to decide which direction to go in, ie import/used.

I cannot justify (afford!) new uk rrp, it has to be uk used or import new. So hmmm....decisions decisions!
Old 07-23-2002, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colin,

I know the Honda dealer in Aylesbury (Bucks) has a Silverstone for sale at
Old 07-23-2002, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well since posting on the board I`ve had more help and offers in one day than 3 dealers could muster up in a fortnight - so its lovely to see the community on here is as strong as the one I`m involved with re: carp fishing.
Ah, but can you get your fishing rods into an S2000? (That's assuming that you catch carp with a rod, of course )
Old 07-23-2002, 05:20 AM

Ian, great -let me know the cost/yr and the interior colour - many thanks.. cheers

PWE - they won`t fit in it, and they didn`t fit in my MR2roadster, but they fit in my Golf estate a treat! and yep, you do use rods - but I`ve not been catching too many at the moment

Col

Quick Reply: I`m in the market for an S2000 - expert help please! (newbie alert!!!)