UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hysteria!

Old 07-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hysteria!

I came back from work and realised I'd forgotten to pick up some bloody tea bags, so jumped back in the S and headed down to the shops. Before I left I put the roof down to enjoy what sunshine there was at the time (as you do).

When I pulled out of the driveway, I could hear these kids all shouting "please stop!" or something to that effect, but paid no notice. Normally kids only shout that when I've ploughed into them and am dragging them along the street!

Anyway I head down to the shops and there's a group of maybe 5 young boys (aged about 10 I'd say) who all make a beeline for the car as I get out. When I came back out the shop I got a "nice car big man", and "how fast does it go?". When I replied "thanks", and "150" they had a bit of a blank expression on their face, obviously they were looking for "very", as opposed to a raw figure! As I drive away one of the boys said "look his revs are digital instead of a spinny thing", well done him.

So I drive back home and am about to reverse into the driveway, and a bunch of 10 year old girls run screaming over, asking me to "pleeease mister let us sit in the car", to which I reply "bugger off, and don't be daft". I almost knock one of them down as they mob the car and I hit the roof switch. At this point I was sure that some member of Blue had appeared as they all started grabbing their head in that childish-crush kinda way and started screaming "look at that, convertibles are cool!". Then As I get out one of them asks "well can I just touch the car?" I just burst out laughing and look up to see my fianc
Old 07-21-2004, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, they just wanted to sit in it to see if they could reach the peddles, no good stealing it if ya cant reach them.

Old 07-22-2004, 08:23 AM

I think you have to resist inviting 10-year olds to sit in your car (male or female) because they're plain jail-bait!
Old 07-22-2004, 08:44 AM

First day of school holidays today down our way. kids don't you just love 'em. Next time take the airbox lid off before you got to the shops, that all make 'em smile.

G
Old 07-22-2004, 08:49 AM

Is it just me or can anyone no longer tell how old girls are anymore? Sometimes I look at someone and think, ummm nice, then I have to look away just in case they are under age!
Old 07-22-2004, 09:23 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That'll teach you for wearing a Beatles suit, black mop top wig and singing "Yeah yeah yeah" and "Oooooh" all the time.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LTB,Jul 22 2004, 06:23 PM
That'll teach you for wearing a Beatles suit, black mop top wig and singing "Yeah yeah yeah" and "Oooooh" all the time.
But its "TEH FASHUN" don't you know.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:24 AM

Your right Bada Bing about kids liking open sports cars and shouting "nice car mister"! it happens to me all the time.
I first experienced it when I had my Boxster and thought it was simply because it was a Porsche but when I changed to the S2K and still got the same calls I was quite surprised, I was also surprised that many of the kids actually knew what car it was.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rahula,Jul 22 2004, 05:49 PM
Is it just me or can anyone no longer tell how old girls are anymore? Sometimes I look at someone and think, ummm nice, then I have to look away just in case they are under age!
Yep. I can't tell the difference between a 16 year old and a 21 year old. Best advice is to steer clear till she shows you ID**.

**Having hair in a certain place does not constitute ID!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:42 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

At 10, it's all thumbs up, big smiles and "nice car mister."

By the time they're old enough, it's a coy sideways glance at best (or mutterings of "S2000," audible if the ICE is switched off).

It's funny how these things go!

Quick Reply: Hysteria!