UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hugo's S2Ks

Old 04-29-2014, 03:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hugo's S2Ks

Its been about a year an a half since I entered the S2K world and I still haven't put together a build(ish) thread. so here we go.

I'll start with a few of my previous cars. My love for Hondas started when I used to skateboard and always saw a Civic Jordan parked near the square where we used to skate it was completely mint and I immediately thought, "Yes, I will own one of those some day!"
I didn't really think any more about owning a Honda until my 3rd year of uni when I was driving down the M5 to Plymouth in my Zetec S and a, EK4 Civic VTi pulled alongside coming up the slip road. It was awesome, it had the DOHC decals, the mid level spoiler and was sitting on chrome lipped rims with red centres - it sounded awesome.
I had to own a Honda.

After scouring the south for a decent one I managed to pick up a low mileage Milano Red UKDM DC2.

I also got my mate into Hondas and he bought an ACR

I loved driving this, it was a weapon compared to my Fiesta and VTEC across dartmoor and through tunnels was just heaven!

Then I moved to Great Yarmouth, started a job and decided (stupidly that I should invest in a "sensible" car. I thought that a DC5 was just the ticket, but I didn't really have the budget and the insurance will just stupid money since it was an import. So an EP3 it was.

I put Meister Rs, a Gruppe M and a Toyo catback on but ultimately it was a boring car. It wasn't as raw as the DC2 and it was far too grown up.
I hated it.

I then decided that a silly car was required to make up for the months of dull ownership with the EP3. Obviously it was going to be a Honda, I couldn't get enought of the 'TEC! So I started trawling for an s2000.
I found one close by and ended up doing a straight swap for this :

Only a month into the ownership in ended up having to install a replacement gearbox and new clutch which turned out to have flaked in to pieces, resulting in a horrible juddering when pulling away.
I also slapped on some Meister Rs (obviously) and ended up picking up a nice Ti Amuse R dual exit exhaust.
(
)

It was awesome fun (still is in fact, I've still got it) but I'd always wanted a white S2K and with a little research I decided that plastidipping was the way to go. So it went matte white and I got my private plate put on.

The matte white came off since it was a PITA to keep clean and the bumpers got repained. I also ended up getting a Seibon wing.

Ever since seeing Tsukubaspec's car I'd fancied a Nurburgring blue, as it was a bit more suble than my bright orange car.

So I ended up picking up a completely standard facelift car which I'll be swapping various bits onto over the coming weeks.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Le8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I'm not a fan of big spoilers, but each to their own.

Nice looking car still.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:56 AM

Looks nice! I am a fan of the spoiler
Old 04-29-2014, 05:08 AM

Nice car. How low is that? any clearance issues?

Chars.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cue the Ladyboy comments......

(Love the look of the Imola with the black)
Old 04-29-2014, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Le8
Personally I'm not a fan of big spoilers, but each to their own.

Nice looking car still.
Cheers, the spoiler will be coming with me. Its seems to be a bit of a marmite point.

Originally Posted by Brettjcw
Looks nice! I am a fan of the spoiler
Cheers

Originally Posted by PedroHicken
Nice car. How low is that? any clearance issues?

Chars.
The arches on the Imola were semi rolled, and it scrapes a little when going over undulations on the motorway or if there are two people in the car. The arch gap is 1 index finger at the rear and about 1.5 at the front. it only rubs since they're 9J at the rear.

The arches on the ladyboy are rolled already so there are no scraping issues.

Originally Posted by kw_21
Cue the Ladyboy comments......

(Love the look of the Imola with the black)
Cheers.
I already call it the lady boy anyway, but give it a few weeks when its been transformed...
Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Too much of a step in the wrong direction for me.

Apart from the silly plate location, a good coloured nicely done early model to the gheyest coloured of the ghey versions.

Each to their own though.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:47 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

What do you think to the pre vs post MY04 car?
Old 04-29-2014, 12:03 PM

It won't be the gheyest of the greys when I'm finished with it. But like you said, each to their own.

I found the main difference that the facelift car feels a bit more grown up. A few nice refinements here and there. The clutch feels quite heavy compared to my pre where I've had the clutch replaced about 12k ago.

I'll be able to give a better comparison when I've swapped all the parts over, I'll put my meister Rs on as well and swap the exhaust next week.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 422 Likes on 386 Posts

Nearly got a Teg "R" jdm thought it would be a sidestep from my <modded> MC2
really glad i got an S2k i love it
Greeting from Norfolk
The following users liked this post:
Ceejay21 (04-17-2017)

Quick Reply: Hugo's S2Ks