UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HUGE thank you to Jakan Honda

Old 09-23-2004, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post HUGE thank you to Jakan Honda

Just had the geometry set up by Jakan in Daventry. Just want to give a huge public thankyou to them and a well deserved plug. The car feels so much better, a lot more planted, giving it that 'on rails' feeling. Dont seem to be getting that nasty 'skipping to one side feeling' I used to get when go over uneven road surfaces.

Also had a small service carried out and at the end of it that gave my car a really good clean inside and out!

The guys who work there seem to really know their stuff and are more than willing to spend their time giving advice and talking about what they are quite obviously passionate about - Hondas!

So if you are looking to modify your S, get it serviced, get the Geometry done or just after some qualified advice, Id seriously give these guys a shout. Even if you are not local, they are worth the drive.

http://www.jakan.co.uk/
Old 09-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

How did they do the geo M@rk, and did you check the settings? cos they don't use laser do they?

Good report
Old 09-23-2004, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by M@rk,Sep 23 2004, 12:00 PM
Just had the geometry set up by Jakan in Daventry. Just want to give a huge public thankyou to them and a well deserved plug. The car feels so much better, a lot more planted, giving it that 'on rails' feeling. Dont seem to be getting that nasty 'skipping to one side feeling' I used to get when go over uneven road surfaces.

Also had a small service carried out and at the end of it that gave my car a really good clean inside and out!

The guys who work there seem to really know their stuff and are more than willing to spend their time giving advice and talking about what they are quite obviously passionate about - Hondas!

So if you are looking to modify your S, get it serviced, get the Geometry done or just after some qualified advice, Id seriously give these guys a shout. Even if you are not local, they are worth the drive.

http://www.jakan.co.uk/
Never heard of them before, looks good.

Just given them a call;

Old 09-23-2004, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Sep 23 2004, 12:12 PM
How did they do the geo M@rk, and did you check the settings? cos they don't use laser do they?

Good report
No they dont use lasers. They did tell me the benefits of not using lasers but im not mechanically minded and dont want to give out wrong info. The guys there have experience setting up rally cars so know what they are doing.

If you have reservations about the fact they dont use lasers the best thing to do is give them a call and ask.