UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

How Loose is Your HID Connector?

Old 12-02-2009, 07:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How Loose is Your HID Connector?

As per the title really, even with the retaining clip (Refer to point A in the diagram) holding the lamp in, the connector is still a wee bit loose in the projector assembly.

I tried moving the retaining clip further back (blue line) to clamp it in tighter, but just couldn't put the clip into the lugs afterwards, so I ended up putting the metal clip as per the red line, which is how it was before...

...and yes, the HID lamp is in the connector the right way round

I'd like to know if this is the norm, or if I'm just being a jackass
Old 12-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Old 12-03-2009, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From when I changed my bulbs, I remember the connector being on, but it wasn't the type of secure fit you get from other Honda connections - the MAP sensor for example snaps into place and the HID connector doesn't.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:36 AM

Dont know if this is of relevance but when I changed my HID bulbs i found that the grooves on the replacement bulbs not quite the same shape as the original so they woulkd not push into place properly so I had to file it a little so it would fit in and metal clips fit back into place securely
Old 12-03-2009, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gizmo-R,Dec 3 2009, 09:36 AM
Dont know if this is of relevance but when I changed my HID bulbs i found that the grooves on the replacement bulbs not quite the same shape as the original so they woulkd not push into place properly so I had to file it a little so it would fit in and metal clips fit back into place securely
Exactly the same with me but after filing was very stiuck in place, would not move around at all.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:05 AM

Did you guys have to file the lamps to fit into the connector, or into the projector assembly correctly?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by loftust,Dec 3 2009, 01:05 PM
Did you guys have to file the lamps to fit into the connector, or into the projector assembly correctly?
I filed the plastic groove on the bulbs itself as this is what stopped it from plugging into the unit assumbly. nothing was filed on the car side of things
Old 01-30-2010, 05:58 AM

Had this problem AGAIN today on another S. I managed to get the N/S one back in nice and snug. But on the O/S, I just cannot put that stupid fecking metal clip back where the blue line is (refer to OP), it doesn't engage with the retainers for the clip itself. When the clip is where the red line is, it can waggle about far too much for my liking when in the retainers.

My back is broken, fingers ache like a bitch and I'm not a happy bunny
Old 01-30-2010, 06:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I share your paint tis a pain in the arse, mine move 'slightly' over harsh bumps.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM

Did you find it difficult to get the metal clip back on so that the connector fits snug inside the lamp housing too?

Quick Reply: How Loose is Your HID Connector?