UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

How do I tell VSA is on, just by looking?

Old 04-20-2006, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I tell VSA is on, just by looking?

Hi, this might be a silly question but I picked up my new S last night and when I pressed the VSA button, there didn't seem to be an obvious sign whether it was on or off. I see a VSA light on the fascia but it only lit up when turning the ignition on.

My manual is in German so any help would be great

Does anyone know if it's possible to find online/downloadable handbooks? or if it's possible to order new ones from Honda UK?

Thanks
Simon
Old 04-20-2006, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

UK cars do not have VSA, Simon. It is a factory option, with 16 weeks lead time. You'd be better asking in S2000 Talk

Congrats on the new car - now we need pics, and update your profile!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Apr 20 2006, 01:35 PM
UK cars do not have VSA, Simon. It is a factory option, with 16 weeks lead time. You'd be better asking in S2000 Talk

Congrats on the new car - now we need pics, and update your profile!
Ah okay, thanks

Will update my profile now, and will try to do some pics tonight. I sent some to work from home last night but they seem to have got lost somewhere along the way!

Car is great but the dealer misunderstood when I asked him to remove the side Honda badges and he took the S2000 badges off as well...looks weird without them so have to get some new ones put back on.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:48 AM

I would imagine pressing the button (to turn it off) would light the icon on the dash as a warning, then with it switched on it should flash when it kicks in.

Well that is how it works on the NSX so I would have thought it would be similar logic.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by simonprelude,Apr 20 2006, 01:48 PM
I would imagine pressing the button (to turn it off) would light the icon on the dash as a warning, then with it switched on it should flash when it kicks in.

Well that is how it works on the NSX so I would have thought it would be similar logic.
It didn't flash at any time apart from turning the ignition key...maybe it's not working. I'll try again tonight, I didn't exactly hammer it last night with only 5 miles on the clock
Old 04-20-2006, 05:10 AM

By default VSA is on, I don't have my users guide handy but I believe that you press and hold for a few seconds to turn it off. From memory I did this and an icon lights up on the dash.
I guess that having a VSA button means you have VSA (I'm assuming this is the case with my car !!!!)
Old 04-20-2006, 05:20 AM

Well someone has to so I might as well......whats VSA ?

Some sort of traction control ?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:23 AM

Yup
Old 04-20-2006, 05:25 AM

Oh ok thanks....I'll be off - nothing to see here then !!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:28 AM

VSA = Vehicle Stability Assist

Traction control, in other words.

Some blurb:

"Also new for 2006 is Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist system, making the S2000 more stable and forgiving than ever during street driving or in inclement weather conditions. Working in concert with the Drive-by-Wire system, VSA continuously monitors yaw rate, steering input, throttle input, and braking pressure to determine if the car is following its driver's intended path, and can independently coordinate each of the disk brakes through the 4-channel anti-lock brake system, along with the throttle, to enhance vehicle stability. While this serves to effectively enhance driver control during acceleration, braking, and cornering, the system can be disabled with the touch of a button when conditions warrant it."

Quick Reply: How do I tell VSA is on, just by looking?