UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Horrible sound...help!

Old 03-23-2005, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh they've really done it this time....
Shortly after my last post I found out what the problem was. On the way to the dealer, coming off a roundabout driving very conservatively, the back end went a bit wobbly and I was having to hold 1/4 lock left to keep the car straight. Then the ABS light kicked in so obviously I lifted off and pulled onto verge. Looking at the wheel, it looked like it was literally about to fall off. I phoned the AA through Hondacare (who were fantastic) and they told me it looked like the driveshaft had sheared. It then took two AA guys and me to get it on the flatbed without the wheel falling off, having to jack it up twice to push it back on. Left it outside De Vries Honda (as it was just nearby where it happened) and took the keys into sales staff on Sunday. Phoned up on Monday 0900 to speak to service staff and was told I'd be phoned back soon. 1630 got called back telling me that yes the driveshaft had sheared. When I asked if it was going to be fixed under warranty, they told me that my car was no longer under warranty. Right, if you check your records, you'll notice that it is under warranty until July and that its been in to you twice before for the same problem and you've sent me on my way with a seriously unsafe car, endangering the life of me, my girlfriend and everyone else on the road telling me that it was just the brake discs that needed cleaning. Also, they've not given me a courtesy car, just saying they don't have one available and that they can't pay for a hire car but my car would be fixed by wednesday evening. Whilst speaking to service manager, receptionist had audacity to tell me that she remembered dealing with me before christmas and was waiting for my service details but she hadn't heard from me since despite the car having been in less than 5 weeks ago with all the details she needed! Service manager said he'd speak to sales staff to see if they have a car available and would phone me back at 1000 yesterday morning. Still haven't heard from him. I phoned this evening to check that my car was fixed and now it transpires that the parts didn't turn up and that it wasn't ready. Gotta drive to sussex for easter tomorrow and now I'm really $*~#%! off with honda. Not even a vague apology. As far as they're concerned, this thing is entirely my fault. Sorry for ranting, but I have never known such poor customer service from any company in my entire life.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:52 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Go to see the Dealer Principal in the morning when it's busy.

Be polite, but tell him EXACTLY what you think of his muppets IN FRONT OF SERVICE RECEPTION and how you will report it to Honda UK and the press. I bet they'll stop treating you like a cnut then!

PS DeVries Hull has a very good reputation, amazingly.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:53 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

PS - the occasional wheel bearing/driveshaft issue IS known to this website!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:10 AM

I would have taken it somewhere else, if they had 2 goes at it and still didn't fix it why give them a 3rd chance to f**k things up?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:10 PM

I'd actually booked it into dixons in harrogate but because it happened just near de vries i didnt really have much choice, the AA just took it there and now they have it and its only got three wheels on.