UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda UK Warranty Experience!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda UK Warranty Experience!

I thought it maybe useful for members as I describe my experience over the last week with a Warranty Claim.

My March 2008 registered S2000 rear discs have become corroded & even with the VTEC & Emergency Stop exercises there was no way I could get them back to what they should be.

So on Tuesday at the dealers, Benfield Honda, Stockton-On-Tees, Cleveland (Cue BassOctopus - Neil have you tried this dealer) who inspected the rear discs & took photo's to send off to Honda UK.

24hrs later the dealer calls back Honda UK accepts the Warranty Claim for replacement of rear discs & pads.

Today (Friday) back at Benfield Honda in & out within 1.25hrs & I must say the dealers have done a good job.

Overall experience was very good especially Honda UK turning around the claim in under 24hrs.

Without the previous posts on the forum I would have been none the wiser!! So Thanks to the guys / girls on here for spreading the word!

Old 08-15-2009, 11:35 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Wow, that's bloody amazing.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice little result
Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Replacing discs and pads is a simplistic task though. Wrench, jack, impact driver, wrench, wrench, jack, leave.

Honda are probably happy to send you on your way with a peanut bill.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper,Aug 15 2009, 11:45 PM
Replacing discs and pads is a simplistic task though. Wrench, jack, impact driver, wrench, wrench, jack, leave.

Honda are probably happy to send you on your way with a peanut bill.

Dead Right - No Bill for Me & about
Old 08-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by mrblue,Aug 14 2009, 06:58 PM
So on Tuesday at the dealers, Benfield Honda, Stockton-On-Tees, Cleveland (Cue BassOctopus - Neil have you tried this dealer) who inspected the rear discs & took photo's to send off to Honda UK.

Didn't this used to be DeVries? I didn't know they'd sold to Benfield

TBH Carlisle is closer to me than Stockton, so I have no experience of them. Not heard anything bad about DeVries in the past though
Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 AM

Do you know why they corroded so badly? After all, all discs will corrode, just look at the non contact surfaces.

How many miles have you done since March, where do you store you car, how long does it stand between being used?

....just out of interest.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bassoctopus,Aug 16 2009, 09:31 PM

Didn't this used to be DeVries? I didn't know they'd sold to Benfield

TBH Carlisle is closer to me than Stockton, so I have no experience of them. Not heard anything bad about DeVries in the past though
Yep they used to be Devries & now Benfield so I will be giving them the next service in 2010 & will report back!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by GavB,Aug 17 2009, 09:19 AM
Do you know why they corroded so badly? After all, all discs will corrode, just look at the non contact surfaces.

How many miles have you done since March, where do you store you car, how long does it stand between being used?

....just out of interest.
Unknown why they had corroded!!

Took delivery in October 2008, car was 6 months old 2,000 miles on the clock.

Now it has 8,000 miles.

Car parked down the driveway covered up in winter when not in use with a Stormforce cover that does the job very well!

As for it standing times used 3-4 times per week for communte & weekends driving the roads for Fun!!

As stated above even the emergency stops didn't cure the corrosion even on the contact surfaces - hence the reason why Honda replaced them!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 AM

That's the dealer I use for parts and stuff. Not had a service done there (that I can recall. ), since I do my own now. They gave me a free Honda frisbee once, so I like them.

Quick Reply: Honda UK Warranty Experience!