UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda Headrest Speakers?

Old 02-12-2006, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Headrest Speakers?

Im considering purchasing a set of the headrest speakers from hardtopguy and was just wondering what the general consensus on these is? I remember reading mixed views in previous topics, I've considered going for the lucid panel, but im not sure yet, I like the look of the honda ones and just thought id check if the sound quality etc is any good before I went for them?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-12-2006, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$hit

But then I would say that
Old 02-12-2006, 01:53 PM

Yup, I hardly notice that they are there unless I turn my head so that my ears are at right angles to the the speakers. Save the money for some decent speakers i'd say...
Old 02-12-2006, 07:19 PM

i just bought some. I only need them for talk radio with the top down. The idea is to EQ them with an Audio Control equalizer that I have. I could even mono them to get a bit more low frequency output.
If they are really bad i can always make a new driver mounting plate (it is a separate piece) and replace with a 3 inch driver or an elipse.

There is an alternative that you can get here in the states that mounts a 5 1/4 in each roll bar and it is supposed to sound pretty good. However from all the pics of installs that i have seen it looks pretty hideous. At least the Honda solution looks good.

i wont be able to insttall these for a few weeks. let me know if you are interested in how it goes.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:04 AM
Jel

WazM you are seriously mistaken if you think these look hideous:

http://www.streetsmarttechnologies.net/photos.html

They look excellent and they sound fantastic, added windblock too. Big thumbs up Michael, have a chat with Mark he's a good guy. Sorry Mikey Mark deserves the credit for his design.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:11 AM

I have the HONDA Headrest speakers. Don't pay for them. If you've got your own money, spend it on upgrading your actual speakers. They're ok, but unless you have an EQ, they're only good for high frequencies. Think of them as a set of stereo tweeters behind your head.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jel,Feb 13 2006, 11:04 AM
WazM you are seriously mistaken if you think these look hideous:
They look excellent and they sound fantastic, added windblock too. Big thumbs up Michael, have a chat with Mark he's a good guy. Sorry Mikey Mark deserves the credit for his design.
No probs

I bought a set of S pods and felt they where just too flimsy and did not hold together very well. I guess that is what WazM is saying.

So I design a system of my own;

Must get round to getting another batch made.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:19 AM

I spec'd the Honda headrest speakers when I ordered the car and I really like them. I've no comparative info as I've no experience of other approaches but for what its worth I think the Honda speakers look fantastic and add just the right amount of noise coming from behind your head.

Looking at the other replies so far I'm a lone voice on this one !!!!!

Old 02-13-2006, 09:50 AM

Mine came with the Honda headrest speakers and I have to agree its better than without. Whether they are better than aftermarket ones, I have no idea.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Future Owner,Feb 13 2006, 05:19 PM
Looking at the other replies so far I'm a lone voice on this one !!!!!
I have the standard ones too - they are good enough for what I need / want.

Quick Reply: Honda Headrest Speakers?