UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

honda badge removal on wing

Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda badge removal on wing

Does this just simply stick on?

hair dryer, spirits and a credit card job??
Old 01-05-2009, 09:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't want them anymore...I'd be interested. I believe tooth floss will do the job.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by craigmatthews17' date='Jan 5 2009, 10:27 AM
Does this just simply stick on?

hair dryer, spirits and a credit card job??
Yup Thinking of removing this myself Im going to keep the S2000 badge but think it will look better without the honda badge.

When I was looking for an S I actually wanted the 'Honda' badge on the wings so I dont know why I have changed my mind.

I also want tp de badge the front and rear badges entirely but Im tempted to fit the Red Honda badges I bought first to make sure.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:37 AM

The back and front badges have holes i think. i just want conformation off sombody thats actually removed these before so as i dont have 2 holes in each wing
Old 01-05-2009, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled mine off and removed the glue with wd40 and elbow grease!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 AM

thats cleared that problem up then
Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Front and back have holes
Old 01-05-2009, 09:58 AM

Never got this dental floss and rubbing with stuff.

Boil a kettle of water. Pour the water over the badge slowly to heat up the badge, the badge's adhesive foam and the bodywork and it removes easily with no work.

Disclaimer:
All models over 18 years of age. No animals were harmed during the production of this product. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or events, past, present or future, is purely coincidental. Some names have been changed to protect the innocent. Batteries not included. If condition persists, consult your physician. Slippery when wet. Parental guidance advised. Always read the label. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue use. Please remain seated until the web page has come to a complete stop. If ingested, do not induce vomiting. May contain nuts. May be too intense for some viewers. In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control centre immediately. Products are not authorized for use as critical components in life support devices or systems. objects in rear-view mirror may be behind you and closer than you think . Driver does not carry cash . No tools stored in van overnight . Baby on board . Hot drink - may be hot . Do not alight from moving train . Mind the gap .Other restrictions may apply.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 AM

Yup. Boiled kettle sorted mine out. Just remember not to go steaming (pun not intended) in with bare fingers immediately afterwards. Boiling water is hot.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:46 PM

I used boiling hot water as well....

just keep pouring hot water onto the badge moderately so that the adhesive absorbs the heat, it'll be very much easier when the adhesive is hot... when it cools down, it'll become sticky again....

also, the more heat the adhesive absorbs, the less leftovers you'll have left on the body...

Quick Reply: honda badge removal on wing