UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda alarm problems

Old 01-07-2010, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Information on how to program a Honda keyless entry remote can be found at www.ehow.com.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Callender,Jan 7 2010, 12:10 PM
Information on how to program a Honda keyless entry remote can be found at www.ehow.com.
Thanks, I was going to try and program them but surely you need at least one fob working the alarm etc so that you can enter the learn mode?? Which made me think that maybe this isn't the problem.... does seem like the alarm is disabled somehow.

Think it'll be booked into dealer next week if I can't do anymore, thats what the warranty's for! Actually they should have checked they worked in the first place when they sold the car to me to be honest, regardless of the warranty!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it a Honda OEM alarm?

Do you have the alarm light flashing in the car?

How is the car battery?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Irvatron,Jan 7 2010, 01:12 PM
Is it a Honda OEM alarm?

Do you have the alarm light flashing in the car?

How is the car battery?
As far as I know its an OEM alarm, nothing at all to say it isn't, the whole car looks factory fresh and unfettled so very much think its the standard Honda UK Cat 1 system.

Alarm light? Where is this? I have the little immobiliser PATS key symbol flashing as it should when ignition is off.

Car battery I assume is fine, no problems at all and looks like new, however I haven't checked the voltage.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by msisleman,Jan 7 2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks, I was going to try and program them but surely you need at least one fob working the alarm etc so that you can enter the learn mode?? Which made me think that maybe this isn't the problem.... does seem like the alarm is disabled somehow.

Think it'll be booked into dealer next week if I can't do anymore, thats what the warranty's for! Actually they should have checked they worked in the first place when they sold the car to me to be honest, regardless of the warranty!
Just tried the whole program process, neither of the black fobs do anything whatsoever, but I can successfully get into the learn function with the grey one and learn and unlearn it fine.

Seems like the Honda alarm is some how disabled.....
Old 01-09-2010, 02:14 PM

You have the hamilton palmer alarm what was fitted by honda UK when new. The dealer should know this. the three button remote is a waste of time, they were discarded the moment the car hit the country.

If you have warenty insist they fix it. If they are clueless, ring honda uk and complain and take it to another Honda dealer, they should honour the warranty.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by MC_BLADE,Jan 9 2010, 03:14 PM
You have the hamilton palmer alarm what was fitted by honda UK when new. The dealer should know this. the three button remote is a waste of time, they were discarded the moment the car hit the country.

If you have warenty insist they fix it. If they are clueless, ring honda uk and complain and take it to another Honda dealer, they should honour the warranty.
Thanks, its booked in my local dealer for friday.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:56 AM

Ok, to cut a long story short, Honda Westgate are paying for upto £280 for/towards an aftermarket Cat 1 alarm system for me to get fitted down here instead of attempting to fix the Hamilton Palmer one.

After a little research, Clifford Concept 650 mk2 seems reasonable?? Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:23 AM

Sorry no idea about aftermarket alarms, but seems like a result hey?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by MC_BLADE,Jan 18 2010, 12:23 PM
Sorry no idea about aftermarket alarms, but seems like a result hey?
Yep, pretty happy really as they Hamilton Palmer ones sound fairly unreliable all round even when they are working.

Getting a Clifford Concept 650 fitted and paid for by Honda later in the week.

Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Honda alarm problems