UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Holes above rear number plate

Old 08-30-2014, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some photos after fitting the brackets to the rear bumper of my AP1. I should have taken them before fitting the bumper, oh well. I used stainless steel fixings.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by trustafox
Originally Posted by heymynameismark' timestamp='1409210893' post='23305353
The whole assembly comes out by removing two screws on each piece. The heads for these face the front of the car (you are looking at the thread end if you can imagine it).

Then you'll get good access to taking the assemblies off. I also gave them a good clean and soaping in the sink before re-fitting.

trustafox - These photographs in my thread may help your situation: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...t__p__23077132
Thanks for the photos mark. I was squinting to see. Looks like a type of c clip.

I didn't mean how to remove the whole plat light unit but just the domes. I've have the bumper off a while and all parts removed here. I just cannot remember how the light connector is secured.

One thing looking at your photos, did one of the plastic plugs on the recess panel you screw in to shear off as you tried to remove a rusted in screw?

PS your plate recess brackets were positively in great condition compared to mine. Mine just crumbled between your fingers and none were just one piece! As you tapped the bumper fragments of rust kept dropping on the floor. At that point I'd never seen behind there so it was a mystery as to what I would find. I just hoped the body wasn't falling apart!
No, they didn't shear. I was careful and applied very positive down pressure on the screw head to 'break' the bond with the plastic collar. Thankfully both moved with a little bit of patience (and some penetrating fluid).

Ha, really? I thought they were in bad condition. Considering the price of those recess brackets new, I think I'll end up sourcing better condition ones second-hand or... making my own as best I can with my tools! I slapped them in Hammerite after good wire-brushing for now - anything is a help I think!
Old 09-12-2014, 08:25 AM

No, they didn't shear. I was careful and applied very positive down pressure on the screw head to 'break' the bond with the plastic collar. Thankfully both moved with a little bit of patience (and some penetrating fluid).

Ha, really? I thought they were in bad condition. Considering the price of those recess brackets new, I think I'll end up sourcing better condition ones second-hand or... making my own as best I can with my tools! I slapped them in Hammerite after good wire-brushing for now - anything is a help I think!
Yes really. there was no way I couldn't paint mine and re-use them. Crumbled just looking at them. The paint would be strong! Yes expensive but I had tried for a year on and off looking for second hand but not successful. Some said yes but after asking for pics they were facelift. I did a deal with a Honda garage as I got a handful of plastic clips that had broken hear and there. Not the underneath ones as I got a bag or 20 of ebay to replace those that had broke.