UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 08-25-2016, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey I'm almost done with my HKS install and tune just a couple more weeks.

I have a Mishimoto oil cooler and Inline Pro oil filter relocation kit. I was wondering where others with oil coolers mounted their cooler unit?

Pics please.

I was thinking of on the metal bar under the passenger headlight.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:38 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Name:  logging_zpsgx5ii6oh.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  159.0 KB

Abit of data from a 3rd gear run showing my inlet temperatures and coolant temperatures from today (25c)

Shows that coolants do jump around abit but its not shooting up for me during heavy load and boost. HKS kit with water injection has a nice cool inlet temperature
Old 08-25-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Is it the AEM water/meth kit you have?
Old 08-25-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
Yeah but i don't use meth, just distilled water. I think i would probably empty the tank in 10 minutes on track but you can change the flow rates easily enough.

My brother had great results with the aquamist kit but then his mini cooper s had stupidly high inlet temperatures and with smaller pulleys you really did need chemical cooling to keep things from blowing up.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM' timestamp='1472163344' post='24047881
Yeah but i don't use meth, just distilled water. I think i would probably empty the tank in 10 minutes on track but you can change the flow rates easily enough.

My brother had great results with the aquamist kit but then his mini cooper s had stupidly high inlet temperatures and with smaller pulleys you really did need chemical cooling to keep things from blowing up.
Where have you located your nozzle?
Old 08-25-2016, 02:45 PM

I replaced the hks pipework with some silicon hose and a special adapter i brought with a bung welded already on it. I had to run a tap further into the adapter as the nozzle needs to sit directly in the steam otherwise the spray just hits the side of the bung. Luckily i managed to tap it enough to run the nozzle right into the edge of the pipe directly in the flow.

You can see it fitted between the two bits of silicon near the throttle body.

Since this photo i have re plumbed everything with new decent vacuum hoses as i had some issues with bypass valve not working properly.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:47 PM

I thought you'd have killed your map sensor by now with it in that location.

It looks like I will be getting one of these kits now. I've been reading allot about them over the last few weeks.

I'm planning on mounting mine in the intake manifold though as Ive heard the moisture kills the sensors quickly.

Also have you relocated your AIT sensor?
Old 08-26-2016, 01:54 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron2099
Hey I'm almost done with my HKS install and tune just a couple more weeks.

I have a Mishimoto oil cooler and Inline Pro oil filter relocation kit. I was wondering where others with oil coolers mounted their cooler unit?

Pics please.

I was thinking of on the metal bar under the passenger headlight.

Have you removed your pump unit, otherwise there is not enough room, nor is there enough room under drivers side.
I fitted mine in front of the condenser mounted to the central upright, all you have to do is undo the horn and turn the bracket 180 degrees.

Dont have any photos to hand sorry.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:33 AM

You have to inject it pre throttle body otherwise its nigh on useless. If you inject it at the inlet manifold you would have to use 4 injectors to ensure each cylinder gets the same amount of water/meth. They recommend 10" inches from throttle to ensure it atomises correctly as it enters the engine. I'm using an Aem 3.5 bar sensor relocated but still gets its vacuum/boost readings from the same place as OEM. If any water did get in the pipe then the next vacuum event would soon suck it all out. Only injects at 2psi so won't get used that often unless your caning it all the time.

My brother runs 100% meth with no issues with sensors. Very dangerous stuff thou and I don't need the knock prevention it offers. I just want the cooling effect of the water
Old 08-27-2016, 04:10 AM

So what AIT drop do you see when spraying vs not?

So before and after the kit was installed?

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic