UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 08-09-2016, 12:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thermostat is working as far as I am aware tuner said didn't think it was that as both hoses were red hot, don't think their is any airlock, new coolant fully bled as per billmans guide, and hot air from vents is nearly hot enough to burn your fingers
Old 08-09-2016, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had issues with the mishimoto rad cap,upgraded to a spoon cap and problem sorted,a search on the net shows that alot of people have had problems with the caps.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:28 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

What did he say about the password?

Can you now look at fan settings?
Old 08-10-2016, 02:18 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
got the mishimoto xline radiator on, the radiator fins where damaged in several places on both sides, which i was pretty annoyed about especially since it is brand new...

i should of probably sent it back, but wanted to get the car sorted...
Hi Dean,

This is nothing to worry about according to Mishimoto, this happens from time to time in production/transit, it will not affect performance in any way - they are bringing out a fan brush tool next month which will be sent out to customers to straighten the fins in some case.

Mishimoto will gladly replace an original product should customers experience a defect or issue. To avoid any unnecessary issues, Mishimoto encourages customers to have professionals handle product installation. Any concerns relating to installation or compatibility should be addressed before installing any product. The Mishimoto lifetime warranty policy also provides for accident protection for Mishimoto components damaged during an accident. Accident protection warranties will be honored for customers who submit a warranty claim with pictures of the accident and an official police report within three months of the incident.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:58 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Agreed, many more will be bet in a few miles once the odd fly hits them.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

got the mishimoto xline radiator on, the radiator fins where damaged in several places on both sides, which i was pretty annoyed about especially since it is brand new...

Anyway it has helped things with temps, but it is still rising higher than it should, i left the car idling in the garage with the bonnet up for a good 10minutes and the fans did not turn on once....? took it for a blast and the bars still went 2-3 higher than what they should be, pulled over and the fans were working.

one side

other side

i should of probably sent it back, but wanted to get the car sorted...
Are you using a stand alone EMS, if so your fans may not be coming on soon enough, mine was doing this and had to be adjusted, I can talk you through how to adjust the fan on / off setting if required.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:32 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi i am using aem ems V2, i have asked my tuner twice now for the password, and he has either not replied or dodged the question. So at this point i cannot have a look
Old 08-10-2016, 04:19 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi i am using aem ems V2, i have asked my tuner twice now for the password, and he has either not replied or dodged the question. So at this point i cannot have a look
Hope you get the password as alot of them are set to come on in the late 90's. I set mine to on at 91 and off at 88 and as it creeps to 91 the temperature is indicating half way on the gauge.

You need the password so keep badgering him for it. You didn't spend £900 plus tuning to have an ecu that you cant alter anything on. If you can get some datalogs and a copy of the map then people can at least help you out and give you some advice. I dont pretend to be a god on the AEM EMS but thanks to AJ i learnt alot about its features and how it works.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:11 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

If he wont give you the password then just chuck a small claims court form at him, that will get his attention.

Everyone should make a note not to use this guy i feel if he does this.

On the rad side, my fins where bent on delivery, dont worry about it and the cap on the mishimoto xline is 1.9bar i believe, if my memory serves me... It's not leaked on me at all yet so dont worry about it. I think its the cap on the standard 2 core that you need to worry about.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:14 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

it's not uncommon, but if you explain why they should oblige.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic