UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 12-26-2014, 06:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd only use an fpr if your possibly running out of fuel on your current injectors and couldn't be bothered putting bigger ones in so other than this it's a waste of time on anything other than stock injectors, an aem fpr at 1:1 would fine but if you spec correct injectors you'll be fine and not need an fpr when not done right push them too much and they become static, for me I run the stock fpr I have no issues with duty cycle, in fact your okay upto high 50's if not 60 psi.

HkS must have limited the redline for ultimate reliability for me it's sacrilege, sure pistons speeds at those speeds are high but it's like having a woman with big perky breasts but reducing them in size because it'll possibly hurt her back and that fact it's slapping God in the face.

The blower is going to keep making power to redline and beyond depending on boost. The yanks have already tracked sos setups at more than 12 psi with redline in tact within no issues.

No need for a Bov on an sc, dv yes but now Bov it'll do nothing and likely fluctuate at low throttle thus be annoying.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone really serioulsy think that the TTS kit is so heavy on the front of the engine that it is likely to upset the handling? I'm pretty sure that it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to the way the car handles, sounds like HKS have done their market research and seen what other kits are out there and the fact that most of them sit far over the front of the engine and decided that they would use their kits location to their marketing advantage.

As for fuelling the last this you want to be doing is increasing the fuel pressure, a lot of injectors are designed to run at 43psi and increasing this will not only subject the needle and internals to extra stress but can end up wearing the injector out not to mention the fact that the more pressure you put through it the more you change the desired spray pattern.

Also in reference to the Blow off valve, dump valve comment above they are one and the same and you need to have one with this type of supercharger or you will be stalling the charger at most throttle positions below 70%.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer_crx
Does anyone really serioulsy think that the TTS kit is so heavy on the front of the engine that it is likely to upset the handling? I'm pretty sure that it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to the way the car handles, sounds like HKS have done their market research and seen what other kits are out there and the fact that most of them sit far over the front of the engine and decided that they would use their kits location to their marketing advantage.

As for fuelling the last this you want to be doing is increasing the fuel pressure, a lot of injectors are designed to run at 43psi and increasing this will not only subject the needle and internals to extra stress but can end up wearing the injector out not to mention the fact that the more pressure you put through it the more you change the desired spray pattern.

Also in reference to the Blow off valve, dump valve comment above they are one and the same and you need to have one with this type of supercharger or you will be stalling the charger at most throttle positions below 70%.
Not too sure about that first statement there, especially not without any real proof From a logical stand-off, it certainly makes more sense to not put extra weight past the turrets where most SC kits are.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:53 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a Tial QR50 dump valve (-2psi spring).

I like the sound of the BOV dumping air. I've routed a hose to the bottom of the engine bay so you can't really hear it on part throttle. But when you let off at 9k you can hear it dump.

It also aids AIT's
Old 12-26-2014, 01:27 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a Vortech on mine once, and the overhanging mass was very unpleasant to drive. The front felt very heavy, it was surprising... But then hanging 30kg of mass up front is never the best idea. I'm sure some castor changes would have helped the steering weight but you cant change the mass.

The location of the HKS kit doesn't worry me. When they had the I take over the manifold, that did worry me but they have fixed that.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:29 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like ASM have been using it in their 2.3

http://www.autobacs-asm.com/blog/asm...s_view&no=2788
Old 12-27-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's stopping us from using the bigger restrictor size that I'm assume is designed for the 2.2 engines? They mention that it may cause damage but I can't see how :/
Old 12-28-2014, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My charger kit weighs nowhere near 30kg I'll weigh today but I'll predict 20kg max that's charger unit and bracket aftercooler rad and pipe work and water
Old 12-28-2014, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SOS kit was probably 25-30kg all in with water. Most of that being inline with the suspension turrets though.in terms of front axle weight, that's a 4% increase. Certainly noticeable, but something you can easily mitigate.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just throwing this out there HKS
GTS8555....

Rated 300-550bhp... I'll leave this here...

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic