UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 07-07-2016, 06:27 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan9
Originally Posted by Define198' timestamp='1467290546' post='24005867
[quote name='har-vey' timestamp='1467287507' post='24005826']
my spark plugs are due to be changed, what plugs is everyone running with these kits?
i will be running NGK IRIDIUM IX SPARK PLUGS HEAT 8 BKR8EIX 2668, although the standard plugs would be ok too, but as i dont think mine have been changed since the car was new in 2005, i thought i may as well change them for the ones people use on boosted cars
I have a brand new set of BKR8EIX for sale if you are interested?
[/quote]

Tried sending you a PM but your mailbox is full. How much are you wanting for the plugs delivered?
Old 07-21-2016, 03:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Install manual says not to run the charger without the supercharger belt as it runs the water pump pulley. Looking at the diagram in the manual it does not look like it does? can anyone confirm?

in my novice mind, looks like you just replace the crank pulley with the extended one in the kit, and then you put the original belt back on routed to the normal way, and which in turn turns the supercharger pulley that the supercharger belt is attached to? so if you take the super charger belt off then all that will happen is the supercharger wont spin and the waterpump will still run off the normal belt?

Im just thinking of ways i can get the car to the tuner, and unsure if taking the belt off and running the normal ECU, injectors and map sensor will be safe for 8 miles
Old 07-22-2016, 09:16 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
Install manual says not to run the charger without the supercharger belt as it runs the water pump pulley. Looking at the diagram in the manual it does not look like it does? can anyone confirm?

in my novice mind, looks like you just replace the crank pulley with the extended one in the kit, and then you put the original belt back on routed to the normal way, and which in turn turns the supercharger pulley that the supercharger belt is attached to? so if you take the super charger belt off then all that will happen is the supercharger wont spin and the waterpump will still run off the normal belt?

Im just thinking of ways i can get the car to the tuner, and unsure if taking the belt off and running the normal ECU, injectors and map sensor will be safe for 8 miles

You can drive the car to the tuner with an OEM map. Its only when you push the throttle hard that the bypass valve will close and force boost into the engine. When i first fitted mine i mapped it myself but i had a fault map sensor which wouldnt see boost and the car was still driveable i just had to touch the throttle very lightly. Im sure someone could do you a map that would get you there based on what mods youve got.

In regards to the pulley you get a modified one and your right the only thing that runs of the super charger is the tensioner and idler pulley. Everything runs off the standard belt as per normal.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:20 AM

while the kits being installed is it worth changing the rad over to an aluminium unit? and will the Tegiwa or Mishimoto 2 row be sufficient? or is it worth the extra cash for the 3 row mishimoto rad?
Old 07-25-2016, 04:54 AM

anyone else getting excited like me? kits are due to land with hk's europe in 2-3 days, and be with Hendy end of this week/early next, so all being well we should have the kits early to mid next week
Old 07-25-2016, 07:29 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by har-vey
while the kits being installed is it worth changing the rad over to an aluminium unit? and will the Tegiwa or Mishimoto 2 row be sufficient? or is it worth the extra cash for the 3 row mishimoto rad?

We have the S2000 twin and three core in stock - Mishimoto have a lifetime warranty even if the unthinkable happens on track. I can offer you all 10% Mishimoto on the website.

http://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/mishimoto-28277-c.asp

Originally Posted by Define198
anyone else getting excited like me? kits are due to land with hk's europe in 2-3 days, and be with Hendy end of this week/early next, so all being well we should have the kits early to mid next week
Hope so!

We are going to have a busy week - we have a show this weekend at Beaulieu too!!!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Its not so much about the number of cores. If you fit a very wide core then it will be harder to get the air through the radiator to keep it cool. What you need is a dual pass radiator but they are expensive!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:42 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I hear a container has arrived at HKS!

If everyone that hasn't paid could start making preparations for their final payments that would be great!

Old 07-26-2016, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Si@Hendy Performance
Originally Posted by har-vey' timestamp='1469449221' post='24024199

We have the S2000 twin and three core in stock - Mishimoto have a lifetime warranty even if the unthinkable happens on track. I can offer you all 10% Mishimoto on the website.

Si there's only one listed for the s2000 on your website, is this the twin or three core?
Old 07-26-2016, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Si@Hendy Performance' timestamp='1469460575' post='24024345
[quote name='har-vey' timestamp='1469449221' post='24024199']

Si there's only one listed for the s2000 on your website, is this the twin or three core?
[/quote]

think you have to select the x line radiator for the three core?

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic