UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 04-28-2016, 01:41 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
What size injectors you using?
Im using 600cc which would of been fine with the restrictor fitted but probably pushing it abit with the supercharger at full output. I love the fact that at light throttle it feels smooth as OEM. i was worried you would feel the drag of the charger every time you lift off the throttle but you don't notice it even being there.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 800s and there was a good bit of headroom.

Yeah, apart from the noise and the extra ommphhhh it does drive like a stock car.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any videos of this guys? I have put down a deposit for one of these and it should be fitted around Mid July.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:27 PM

A little (lot) later than initially planned, I've got a kit going onto my F20 powered MX5 over the coming weeks.

Can't wait!
Old 04-30-2016, 03:33 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I will try and get a video tomorrow assuming if i can get a few bits of snagging done on the supercharger.

So i've done about 100 miles, no leaks and lots of boosting fun but had a couple of issues.

Some of the bolts on the brackets use serated nuts and bolts. One of these has come undone and dropped out at some point. Im going to replace these with nyloc nuts and bolts because if they do come loose then they will never fully loosen off. Two of the long bolts that mount the charger bracket to the vtec solenoid area have also worked slightly loose. They were located on the same bracket so i wonder if alot of vibration has effected that area.

Because of this i decided to remove the charged from the brackets and loctite all of the bolts so that it prevents any issues. It also gives me time to replace the coolant lines that i made up with ones that the car had from the factory.

Other than those tiny issues everything else on the charger has been spot on. The sound of the bypass valve operating at high rpm gear changes is awesome by the way. The other thing i have noticed as well is that it doesnt feel like the car is overpowered, it feels perfect like it should of left the factory like it.

Im still unsure of what im going to do with the injectors because im seeing over 90% duty cycle at 8000+ revs. My injectors say they are rated to 90% and with me running at 11.6 AFR i could probably lean it up abit and stay within the injectors efficiency range. I think ultimately the injectors will be changed as its one of those things that will throw doubt in my mind.

I have also noticed increased coolant temps and i think mainly its because at slow moving or stationary traffic the intercooler really must effect the efficiency of the rad because the fans are having to come on quite alot and quite often, I have a large Tegiwa radiator so it would be interesting to hear how the OEM item handles the intercooler blocking its flow.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by ImortalRayn
Any videos of this guys? I have put down a deposit for one of these and it should be fitted around Mid July.
sorry for the highjack- can you please check your PM... trying to get to you for 2 weeks now
Old 05-03-2016, 07:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Si@Hendy Performance
If any of you guys are interested in taking the next step in getting more power to your S2000 and fancy some bedtime reading I have the install instructions and can email them over.

I always keep at least one kit in stock

Please note the current RRP has now been reduced by HKS so its a great time to buy!

http://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/gt-super...06-18801-p.asp

Happy to do a mini group buy for up to 5 people with a good discount.
Si - I'd be interested in this group buy :-) What can you swing Sir?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:59 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Trunkz
Originally Posted by Si@Hendy Performance' timestamp='1460659894' post='23938285
If any of you guys are interested in taking the next step in getting more power to your S2000 and fancy some bedtime reading I have the install instructions and can email them over.

I always keep at least one kit in stock

Please note the current RRP has now been reduced by HKS so its a great time to buy!

http://www.hendyesho...006-18801-p.asp

Happy to do a mini group buy for up to 5 people with a good discount.
Si - I'd be interested in this group buy :-) What can you swing Sir?
I'll drop you a PM
Old 05-03-2016, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interested too ✌
Old 05-03-2016, 08:53 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

and me too....

Chris.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic