UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news

Hope you can start to enjoy the car now Ryan.

Good work Si, top service as always, like you say though it would be better for HKS if they can have someone to inspect it in the UK to speed things up.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by tron2k3
Great news

Good work Si, top service as always, like you say though it would be better for HKS if they can have someone to inspect it in the UK to speed things up.
And pay for the refitting of it.

Ryan has been told he won't be covered for future failures unless a 'professional' outfit has installed at his expense. He'll also have to pay for more dyno time.

So all in all the failure that wasn't his fault will be costing him several hundred pounds....
Old 07-23-2015, 04:26 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by tron2k3' timestamp='1437634264' post='23689922
Great news

And pay for the refitting of it.

Ryan has been told he won't be covered for future failures unless a 'professional' outfit has installed at his expense. He'll also have to pay for more dyno time.

So all in all the failure that wasn't his fault will be costing him several hundred pounds....

Just want to get a few things straight at this point before people start making assumptions!

HKS found the Supercharger diagnosis to be inconclusive to either a external problem (fitting/transportation/damage etc) or a manufacturing problem (warranty) - thus they are sending back the same repaired charger for Ryan to have fitted as per there normal warranty claim procedure.

I wanted to resolve this matter above this level of service and spoke to the guys at HKS Europe and we all agreed that replacing it with a new one from stock would be a better resolution due to the time its been away and the number of miles the car had be run with the charger one - circa 800 miles were covered.

The car made 367hp on the dyno originally so replacing with a new charger the car will not need a new map, the current one will be more than sufficient. Ryan was very pleased with the car initially and as the car is stock apart from a decat this was a healthy figure as others (ie: CynicG/ Will) with further mods have been with around 380hp.

Ryan mentioned to me he would be fitting an single exit exhaust soon which obliviously will require a remap to get the best out of this so we didn't approach this any further, I have said we will honour a very generous discount offer on this as another goodwill gesture which will equate to a couple of hundred pounds off which ever option he decides to go for.

The team at HKS Europe have also confirmed that the car will not need a remap as the supercharger was mapped well at the offset - if it had been a turbo then yes a map would be required.

The kit was not fitted by a garage/tuner originally and we recommended that the replacement gets fitted, lubricated and primed with the assistance of a reputable garage to ensure all is well going forward. We discussed a particular local garage we both deal with as a suggestion and Ryan agreed. If in the extremely unlikely event the replace unit fails again then the charger will still be covered under its normal warranty.

I have spoken to Ryan about about everything above and he has confirmed the new charger has been received.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:29 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

If their investigation was somewhat inconclusive, and that some outside influence may have been to blame, surely the replacement and caveat is quite good? Although I appreciate the whole incident is a massive ball ache for Ryan.

Edit: didn't see Si's post above when posting
Old 07-25-2015, 10:42 AM

All back together and running, forgot how fast it is; it puts a massive smile on your face! Fingers crossed no more issues!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:51 AM

Nice one Ryan, glad it's sorted.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stuff

Too nice looking a car not to be running
Old 07-25-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan9
All back together and running, forgot how fast it is; it puts a massive smile on your face! Fingers crossed no more issues!
Cool... Enjoy!
Old 07-28-2015, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan9
Hi Ryan,

Glad to hear your car is back on the road and your happy!
You don't know me but I helped things move along ;-)

Your in good hands with Simon at Hendy!
Old 07-28-2015, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Shaz81
Hi Ryan, Glad to hear your car is back on the road and your happy! You don't know me but I helped things move along ;-) Your in good hands with Simon at Hendy!
Hi mate!

Yea it's all back together now, I've only done 70 very nervous miles but all seems to be ok so far. Si is a good chap!

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic