UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 04-23-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get your injectors from?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I went DW too from Chris/Tarmac. Had some U.S. stock sent over. Hid my large box by getting it sent to tuner directly
Old 04-23-2015, 01:59 PM

Not that I needed an excuse, but I told my rather gullible Mrs that my supercharger had packed in and I needed a new one (no...I'm not joking) although she doesn't quite know the full extent of the costs.

I'll be fitting myself so couldn't really hide the mountain of parts that will begin to pile up over the next few weeks.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:33 PM

@tron are you running stock rad or aftermarket? Did you notice any significant temp increases?
Old 04-24-2015, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by CynicG
@tron are you running stock rad or aftermarket? Did you notice any significant temp increases?
Yep on stock rad, haven't noticed any water temp issues. Was on track yesterday and it was a warm day hammering round for fair few laps and no water temp issues.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by tron2k3
Originally Posted by CynicG' timestamp='1429947187' post='23590774
Yep on stock rad, haven't noticed any water temp issues. Was on track yesterday and it was a warm day hammering round for fair few laps and no water temp issues.
Cool (no pun intended) cheers.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carried on fitting today. Really straightforward, supercharger mounting plate ect all on in a couple of hrs. Just got the intercooler pipe work to install now. Really happy with the kit. Mounting points seem really solid and its a lot easier to fit with the belt exposed rather than having to slot it between the engine and then attach pulleys in with the belt in place. It's a really well packaged and thought out kit. I had an issue on the tts where the main centre bolt sheared off shortly after it had been fitted. The main big bolt on this kit goes into an existing m10 into the block and personally I feel the mountings overall are a lot better making use of existing bolt holes.

Only thing I'm starting to think about is the initial oil fill and start up. Rotrex have a priming sequence so the charger has fluid in it right at the start but hks instructions don't follow the same process. Going to think it over before deciding which way to go with it.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
Carried on fitting today. Really straightforward, supercharger mounting plate ect all on in a couple of hrs. Just got the intercooler pipe work to install now. Really happy with the kit. Mounting points seem really solid and its a lot easier to fit with the belt exposed rather than having to slot it between the engine and then attach pulleys in with the belt in place. It's a really well packaged and thought out kit. I had an issue on the tts where the main centre bolt sheared off shortly after it had been fitted. The main big bolt on this kit goes into an existing m10 into the block and personally I feel the mountings overall are a lot better making use of existing bolt holes.

Only thing I'm starting to think about is the initial oil fill and start up. Rotrex have a priming sequence so the charger has fluid in it right at the start but hks instructions don't follow the same process. Going to think it over before deciding which way to go with it.
Good to hear someone with first hand experience fitting both the HKS and Rotrex kit and comparing the quality and consideration of a bolt on kit. It seems that HKS have really thought about this kit to make it a true bolt on kit with reliability in mind.

Mine has been faultless so far in terms of the kit it's very solidly mounted and reliable, the only issue I had was fuel surge on track but there are quite a few people who get that with a standard N/A car runny sticky tyres.

Went to cadwell again on friday to test my fuel surge tank and it has definitely solved the issue. I also had a map tweak due to the surge tank and fitting a Milltek single exhaust, I mentioned to Rich my mapper that it was a little thirsty on fuel and he tweaked the part throttle fuelling throughout the rev range and it has made a huge difference while also being smoother.

Here's a few vids from Cadwell:

First session of the day forgot to put the roof down:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1J9Jqz1h4s[/media]

Last session of the day following my mate in his Exige S, it was a great battle lap after lap as there were hardly any cars on track.
Excuse the wind noise it's pretty horrendous, I stupidly forgot to plug my external mic in so was on the standard cam mic.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7nPG8AuTos[/media]
Old 04-26-2015, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any difference in figures with the change of exhaust?
Old 04-26-2015, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
Any difference in figures with the change of exhaust?
Not sure tbh, as we mapped it on the road. But I believe fuelling was bang on at the top end as it was so imagine figures are pretty much the same

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic