UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 03-12-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tron2k3, what else are you running in terms of exhaust, decat or hfc, which restrictor did you use and where did you end up getting your injectors from
Old 03-12-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
Tron2k3, what else are you running in terms of exhaust, decat or hfc, which restrictor did you use and where did you end up getting your injectors from
Nice one yorkie look forward to the results.

I have a 65mm dms exhaust with decat. I'm running the largest restrictor which comes with the kit which is originally for the 2.2 ap2 but I've had no issues and the map is safe. I bought my injectors direct from asnu
Old 03-12-2015, 11:07 AM

Yeah. Should be interesting as I had the tts kit on it before so will be a good comparison
Old 03-12-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yorkies2k where did you find the information regarding the impeller speed? Did they just release this information? Even though I would have no idea on the subject I'd still like to have a look.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KIP
Originally Posted by tron2k3' timestamp='1426150536' post='23536907
That's the thing though you just never know how good other drivers are. He was a bit of a blocker too he was hugging the left side of the track on the straights so had to do a bit of tailgaiting and lining the car up on the edge of the grass to get past
True, but in a straight line my 430 ish bhp Evo couldn't shake a 991 C2S. But the Evo does have the aerodynamic properties of a brick.

What I found funny is I was cornering faster than some 997's and my AYC wasn't working.
I have the same opinion evos start to struggle over 110 due to the aerodynamics of a brick wall, the s2k is certainly more efficient above those speeds.

Mine doesn't have ayc and it handles better than my old one which did don't forget that you lose quite a bit of power through the transmission of a 4wd. Evos are all about low speed traction and corner speed unless you have mega power 600bhp+ but then things start to break. You also have to take them by the scruff of the neck and hustle it to get the best out of them. Being smooth just gives you under steer.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by NicoS
Yorkies2k where did you find the information regarding the impeller speed? Did they just release this information? Even though I would have no idea on the subject I'd still like to have a look.
Si at hendy got it from hks. Hks sent a PDFs thing with all the details on, crank pulley size, charger pulls size and rpms. I mentioned to si to post it up on here at some point which I'm sure he will as it was a question that a few people including me were asking
Old 03-12-2015, 11:32 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Ok

As per request on the impeller speeds

Name:  hksdata.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  112.3 KB
Old 03-12-2015, 11:33 AM
UK Trader

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
Originally Posted by NicoS' timestamp='1426187898' post='23537600
Si at hendy got it from hks. Hks sent a PDFs thing with all the details on, crank pulley size, charger pulls size and rpms. I mentioned to si to post it up on here at some point which I'm sure he will as it was a question that a few people including me were asking

I was just uploading the pgd to jpg when you posted this!
Old 03-12-2015, 11:35 AM
UK Trader

More info below - taken from an email from HKS via Yorkie & myself.

I just wanted to reiterate and clarify some of the things that we've been going through regarding the GT Supercharger kits and more specifically the kit for the S2000.All HKS GT Supercharger units are covered under a 2 year warranty from manufacturing defects. Any failures due to incorrect installation or misuse are not covered under this warranty. Common causes of failure which would not fall under warranty are:
  • Over speeding of the supercharger implore
  • Using the supercharger without the correct amount of traction fluid
  • Prolonged time spent at the engine rev limiter (multiple sudden acceleration and deceleration of the SC unit)
  • Incorrect belt tension
  • Ingestion of foreign objects through the intake
Regarding the first point about Impeller speed, please refer to the attached document. The crank pulley size is already set to the size of the crank pulley included in the kit. The supercharger pulley size is 120mm and the Supercharger unit is a GTS7040. You can see that at 9000rpm the impeller speed stays under the recommended 110,000rpm. in fact it would still be ok at 9100rpm.It all sounds a little scary but as long as you are sensible with how you use it and keep the car properly maintained you are going to run into very few problems.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:12 PM

As if by magic. Thoughly recommend Simon for anyone looking at getting the kit. Top bloke to deal with

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic