UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 06-12-2020, 11:14 AM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

If its just for an oil pressure sensor it would probably be better to use the stock oil pressure switch outlet.
You are going to need a 1/8BSPT adapter though.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry guys for the tons of questions. What oil filter fits with this kit, using the stock oil cooler and a Oil sandwich adapter. Looking to hook up a oil pressure sensor to my Aem infinity using the sand which adapter.

also what HP is everyone making on the smaller pulley on 93oct and what boost levels ?
Old 07-06-2020, 12:20 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I just about managed to fit a sandwich plate on with standard cooler but you need to keep an eye on it.
I use the K&N white oil filters.
Would recommend you relocate it though like I did and have a remote mount somewhere else.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
I just about managed to fit a sandwich plate on with standard cooler but you need to keep an eye on it.
I use the K&N white oil filters.
Would recommend you relocate it though like I did and have a remote mount somewhere else.

white k&n + sandwich plate fits but tight ? That’s good enough for me.

Also why would I need to keep an eye on it ?
Old 09-07-2020, 07:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Not posted for a while, but interesting thing has happened with my kit. Have an issue where the belt is being thrown off alignment, instead of being in the center of the S/c pulley it is moving over to closest to the charger and then slipping, car is also breaking up badly when it does this so is basically un-drivable at high rpm, above 6-7kish. Its not the belt as i had an old spare belt and it does it with this belt also.

When i had it all to pieces i noticed that the main induction pipe for the filter has actually cracked, i presume with being right next to the exhaust manifold and being heated/cooled constantly - the side that has cracked is the side closest to the manifold - so worth checking yours.

I have ordered new bearings for the main pulley tensioner as it does not sound 100% healthy although it does seem to spin ok by hand while making noise also has slight play, i am hoping this is the issue but wont know for sure until the the new bearing arrives.

each pulley actually houses two bearings each back to back.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Define198
Not posted for a while, but interesting thing has happened with my kit. Have an issue where the belt is being thrown off alignment, instead of being in the center of the S/c pulley it is moving over to closest to the charger and then slipping, car is also breaking up badly when it does this so is basically un-drivable at high rpm, above 6-7kish. Its not the belt as i had an old spare belt and it does it with this belt also.

When i had it all to pieces i noticed that the main induction pipe for the filter has actually cracked, i presume with being right next to the exhaust manifold and being heated/cooled constantly - the side that has cracked is the side closest to the manifold - so worth checking yours.

I have ordered new bearings for the main pulley tensioner as it does not sound 100% healthy although it does seem to spin ok by hand while making noise also has slight play, i am hoping this is the issue but wont know for sure until the the new bearing arrives.

each pulley actually houses two bearings each back to back.

You have had the most shit luck with your kit!
Mine hasn't cracked and everything is lining up dead on, sorry to hear about this dude!
Old 09-08-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
You have had the most shit luck with your kit!
Mine hasn't cracked and everything is lining up dead on, sorry to hear about this dude!
Managed to get the pipe welded, does not look pretty but cant see it once its in place. If the replacement bearings sort the problem then its not the end of the world cost <£10. If not then not sure where to go from their. Haven't had a real good luck at anything yet, did a bolt check and everything felt tight.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:54 AM

if it helps, mt bearings have started leaking so need to replace mine at some point but everything still lines up.
Have you checked the crank pulley to make sure its bolted up flush and hasn't moved at all?
Might be worth getting that pipe ceramic coated or to wrap it to protect it from the heat of the exhaust.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:10 AM

pushed the bearings out today, zero grease left in either of them, one of them was rattling like crazy, the other not so much but still has play. New bearings didn't arrive today so fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:21 AM

Do you know what size is needed?
I think the heat kills them as mine has seen nothing but track and high temps...

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic