UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 05-10-2017, 04:53 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Nabbed it from work but ebay has some for sale.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No cat in mine and it smells lovely......... I do notice a slight petrol smell on my clothes if I've done a long run with the roof down though, but they go straight in the wash! I have a friendly tester who will allow the decat to go through as long as everything else is sound.

I'm booked to do Croft in June, its also 105db, I ran last year with the same exhaust setup as I have now, mani, decat and Toda cat back and blew 95db, although that was at 4k revs not the 6 he wanted me to go to. Only difference this year is the SC setup.

I've already paid for the trackday this year but may have a look down to get the db measured.... Thing is if I try for 4k revs it'll start banging and shooting flames out!! I'll have a tester that looks like someone out of Mary Poppins!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 06:26 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Define, you did the same thing i did, look at the wrong bolt! If you double check the diagram you will see it is actually an m10 not the m6's you need.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Define, you did the same thing i did, look at the wrong bolt! If you double check the diagram you will see it is actually an m10 not the m6's you need.
I have ordered a part threaded m10 one from ebay so hopefully it will fit, i seem to remember the original one was part threaded. Have you fitted it yet? has the belt cleared it?
Old 05-14-2017, 09:07 AM

OK so got my js racing front bumper on the car, and still have the over heating issue, today I decided to rule one other thing off and ripped out my aircon radiator and made absolutely zero difference, Ieft all my other bits connected so I can easily put a new one back in when I get round to buying a new one.

On top of this I drove round my mum's for Sunday dinner and noticed my AFR gauge was reading -- which normally means something is unplugged, sensor is knackered or its reading too high or too low on the scale.

Turned car off and fiddled with the wires at idle the AFR is reading all over the place bumping between 13 and 16, normally hovers around 13.8 at idle when warm.

And then on top of this, I'm not happy with my new respray the new formula red looks pale and pink, it certainly isn't new formula red any more, it's more like the old civic Milano red, I'm not happy so requesting it be done again, body shop is monitoring what I say by the sound of it too, or someone has told them what I have said in another thread
Old 05-14-2017, 09:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Afr will bounce a little typically in the high 13s high 14s.

Didn't Chris at EFi parts tune it - he's good at tuning so very unlikely to be an issue with his tune.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Afr will bounce a little typically in the high 13s high 14s.

Didn't Chris at EFi parts tune it - he's good at tuning so very unlikely to be an issue with his tune.
i wish he had, but unfortunately he didn't tune it, will most likely get him to do it now i know it isn't an airflow issue with my over heating. Could be tune. yes i still have the temperature issue, nearly 1 year after initial install lol

Should i be ok to drive it then? i know the wide band feedback is turned on, will this cause a problem? i dont have access to the ecu to turn it off, is the aem v2 clever enough to disregard the feedback if the sensor goes faulty?

its bouncing all around, normally it was pretty much stable, as soon as i drive or apply gas it goes to --- max lean and does not come back on

this is assuming it is the sensor, and the engine isn't actually going full lean, car seems to drive ok proceeding with caution now the sensor seems to have gone.

Last edited by Define198; 05-14-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:03 PM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
i wish he had, but unfortunately he didn't tune it, will most likely get him to do it now i know it isn't an airflow issue with my over heating. Could be tune. yes i still have the temperature issue, nearly 1 year after initial install lol

Should i be ok to drive it then? i know the wide band feedback is turned on, will this cause a problem? i dont have access to the ecu to turn it off, is the aem v2 clever enough to disregard the feedback if the sensor goes faulty?

its bouncing all around, normally it was pretty much stable, as soon as i drive or apply gas it goes to --- max lean and does not come back on

this is assuming it is the sensor, and the engine isn't actually going full lean, car seems to drive ok proceeding with caution now the sensor seems to have gone.
Mine wanders at idle but maybe your hot running killed the sensor? In the manual it warns about that..

http://aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-4110%20Digital%20Wideband%20UEGO%20Gauge.pdf
Old 05-14-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

AFR jumping up and down will happen if wideband feedback is switched on and the gain is set to high. It means the ECU is making too much adjustment too quickly and is always chasing itself.

It can also happen because injectors get to a certain point where the minimum pulse width becomes unstable and the injector wont spray correctly. It needs time spent on it to get it set up correctly
Old 05-14-2017, 12:16 PM

well today is the first day i have given the car a good spanking for a while, seeing if the bumper and then air con rad removal had helped anything, who knows maybe it killed the sensor off.

its only lasted roughly 10 months, not sure how long the 4.9 lsu's are meant to last

back to driving sensibility again now until i can find the culprit of the temperature rise

its one thing after another, i have pretty much lost all love for the car i had

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic