UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 04-20-2017, 12:34 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Just drove my car to work this morning... god almighty, kept breaking traction in first and second and its dry :/

Going to start looking at some custom 295 wide wheels for the rear i think, whats the widest you can go on these without cutting etc?

Also might save up and buy those £500 4 pots from the company who advertised them on here in the for sale a few weeks back, their name eludes me!
Old 04-20-2017, 12:54 AM

These guys! Honda 4 pot Red AP Racing Style Brake kit
Old 04-20-2017, 01:19 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
its only a 300mm kit. if you spending the money at least go for bigger kit. Freaky Parts will make you anything you want.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:23 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Just drove my car to work this morning... god almighty, kept breaking traction in first and second and its dry :/

Going to start looking at some custom 295 wide wheels for the rear i think, whats the widest you can go on these without cutting etc?

Also might save up and buy those £500 4 pots from the company who advertised them on here in the for sale a few weeks back, their name eludes me!
I don't understand this, how hard are you launching on your commute? I don't really have issues with traction unless i'm launching fairly hard. I drove mine into work this morning, was raining and rubber is in need of replacing and i didn't loose traction once.

Saying that i have ordered some NS2Rs in 255/40/17 so will see how i get on with these on the 1000 mile trip to the ring and back.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The " AP racing style " instantly puts me off !!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by har-vey
I don't understand this, how hard are you launching on your commute? I don't really have issues with traction unless i'm launching fairly hard. I drove mine into work this morning, was raining and rubber is in need of replacing and i didn't loose traction once.

Saying that i have ordered some NS2Rs in 255/40/17 so will see how i get on with these on the 1000 mile trip to the ring and back.
Mine was loosing traction this morning in 3rd above 7krpm, but it was slightly moist with a little drizzle

Tightened my continental belt up last night to pretty much maximum tension(due to the bolt) and it made a huge difference pulls 7k-9k the car really comes alive where was before the power was very linear, 6-9k didn't seem to make much difference in pulling.

Looking at my dyno sheet, it looks like from around 7krpm to 9k my car goes from around 260whp to 330whp, so im pretty sure it was not going above 260 before due to slipping.

I'm still not convinced it is at its maximum power though, got a feeling that its still not making full boost at the top end due to slip.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:32 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
Mine was loosing traction this morning in 3rd above 7krpm, but it was slightly moist with a little drizzle

Tightened my continental belt up last night to pretty much maximum tension(due to the bolt) and it made a huge difference pulls 7k-9k the car really comes alive where was before the power was very linear, 6-9k didn't seem to make much difference in pulling.

Looking at my dyno sheet, it looks like from around 7krpm to 9k my car goes from around 260whp to 330whp, so im pretty sure it was not going above 260 before due to slipping.

I'm still not convinced it is at its maximum power though, got a feeling that its still not making full boost at the top end due to slip.
you have AEM so you can log your boost dont you def?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:54 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
you have AEM so you can log your boost dont you def?
yes i could, if i could get the password for my ecu to log in to data log... Sadly i cannot
Old 04-20-2017, 04:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My kit has worked flawlessly with no issues so to me the BOV is a problem with the cars, not the supplied product. Or maybe I just got lucky?
Same here, I used the conti belt rather than the HKS one but will keep an eye on that, other than the BOV though I've had nothing but fun.

I bought mine at the GB price, I already owned the AEM ECU from last years mod's which also included manifold and exhaust and I chose to put the fuel upgrades on to maximise the power from this. I think I've commented earlier in this thread what this kit, associated upgrades and mapping has cost, which was somewhere around £6k, add another £1k onto that and it's out of what I would look to pay.

That being said though, and as per other comments above, it has totally changed the car and I wouldn't/couldn't imagine driving teh S2K without it.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:15 AM

mine breaks tractions up at 7-9 regardless of gear really, pretty sure its due to rear lift at speed, the rear bumper creates i nice air pocket :/
It's not the size that is the issue it is the clamping force and heat that is the issue (sliding pins seizing constantly). These will deal with heat and abuse a bit better.

Harvey, i dont launch my car ever, i tend to not go flat out unless ive changed into second and rolling or first gear at 3k or so, launches just break cars...

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic