UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 04-13-2017, 04:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

is that with EFI? will be interesting to see what it makes.

I'm still convinced mine is down on a lot of power. I dont want to tighten the belt too much in case i damage the pulley bearings.

i think i need to invest in a boost gauge

Last edited by Define198; 04-13-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:53 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Yes always with EFI.
My belt slips at the top end and I am reluctant to tighten it anymore like you say. I will get Chris @ EFI to have a look and tighten it as I do not trust myself, last thing i want to do is damage the charger!

I suggest you book yourself in with Chris and get him to have a look at it, he has done two of us now and doesn't password protect the files
Old 04-13-2017, 04:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Yes always with EFI.
My belt slips at the top end and I am reluctant to tighten it anymore like you say. I will get Chris @ EFI to have a look and tighten it as I do not trust myself, last thing i want to do is damage the charger!

I suggest you book yourself in with Chris and get him to have a look at it, he has done two of us now and doesn't password protect the files
Yup. Chris mapped my S and did a very good job Thoroughly recommended.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Yes always with EFI.

yep, i plan to get it booked in later this year, cars going to paint at end of the month so have a lot to pay out for at the moment.

also just paid out for new discs and pads as they were down to the metal, and then need two new rear tyres, even with the lack of tread my car is keeping traction, which i find highly strange.

How do you know yours is slipping? i have not yet had the "belt squeel" which i had with the original HKS belt, is yours squeeling on the top end? not sure if it can still slip and not squeel, but something is not right with mine
Old 04-13-2017, 05:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
is that with EFI? will be interesting to see what it makes.

I'm still convinced mine is down on a lot of power. I dont want to tighten the belt too much in case i damage the pulley bearings.

i think i need to invest in a boost gauge
Did you not get a dyno print out when you had yours mapped? Or you recon it has lost power since the map?
Old 04-13-2017, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mr-T
Did you not get a dyno print out when you had yours mapped? Or you recon it has lost power since the map?
Yes, i posted it in the thread, i believe it made 333.1 at the wheels. I think it has lost power since the map, only thing i can think of is belt slip but with the HKS belt i noticed that straight away since it would squeal at the top end, with this continental belt it has not squealed once, so not sure if thats a difference in belts or if its just not slipping and its some sort of boost leak.

I noticed a significant improvement in power when i changed my old filter for a new one but power seems to be down yet again so im really not sure whats going on with it

when the car was mapped it was literally the warmest day of the year, and it felt stupidly quick, spinning wheels and going sideways in 1st gear, it now feels rather tame. especially on the top end the revs just seem to slow down when going at speed 70+mph

Last edited by Define198; 04-13-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Mine squeals at around 7500rpm in most gears.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:34 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

If you can't see data logs then you need to fit a boost gauge. When I first installed my kit I had belt slip at 7psi onwards and never once did the belt squeal. Since then I've had no issues at all but I stuck with the orignal hks belt that everyone said didn't fit. Define you need to get your map sorted as your tuner has you over a barrel and you would never be able to see what your engine is doing if you had a sensor issue etc.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:22 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

What are people going to do with these supercharged cars once you want to sell them ? How easy is it To take it all off and put back to standard?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys the best thing you can do is do a datalog of boost and rpm. Belt slip is common on sc setup and need to be very tight.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic