UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 12-05-2016, 02:21 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

my battery is only a month old :P

Nevermind, its only because its sitting waiting to be made pretty again...
Old 12-05-2016, 02:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know what Honda's do with batteries, but im sure they eat them while parked up. Found if you plan on leaving the car any longer than a week, then get a trickle charger on it or you will struggle / be unable to start.
This does not mean my battery is old or on its way out. Replaced it 2 years ago with genuine from a dealer and always had the issue. Got a nice charging unit from Demon Tweeks that keeps the car topped up now.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr-T
I don't know what Honda's do with batteries, but im sure they eat them while parked up. Found if you plan on leaving the car any longer than a week, then get a trickle charger on it or you will struggle / be unable to start.
This does not mean my battery is old or on its way out. Replaced it 2 years ago with genuine from a dealer and always had the issue. Got a nice charging unit from Demon Tweeks that keeps the car topped up now.
Monkey. Just get yourself a motorbike and you can use the trickle charger for both.. you know you want to
Old 12-05-2016, 04:00 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Are there trickle chargers that are water proof/outdoor proof as my car doesnt have a garage to live in.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Trunkz
Monkey. Just get yourself a motorbike and you can use the trickle charger for both.. you know you want to
I have a motorbike! Its hibernating now though. It doesn't like frost and cold!
Suzuki SV650....Unfortunately its not the ZX6R I want, but cant have all the toys!

You still planning on attending Mimms this Sunday, or you gona be too busy installing SC?
Old 12-05-2016, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Are there trickle chargers that are water proof/outdoor proof as my car doesnt have a garage to live in.
My optimate is happy to sit outside in the freezing cold. Bear in mind I keep it under the car bonnet and have it plugged into a 15m extension reel They can be had for cheap as chips. Paid £30 for mine and its been going for years.
I have a motorbike! Its hibernating now though. It doesn't like frost and cold!
Suzuki SV650....Unfortunately its not the ZX6R I want, but cant have all the toys!

You still planning on attending Mimms this Sunday, or you gona be too busy installing SC?
Honestly? This was all meant to have been done a few months back. But then shit hit the fan and I've only just (today) had the SC dispatched. God bless Si and his furry little heart. Then the BMW got hit last night and I need to sort that as its my daily driver and I'm not quite ready to wake the S up.. In an ideal world, the BMW will get diagnosed tonight after work then I'll have it sorted tomorrow evening. God willing.

Then its fuel pump + injector fitting wednesday evening. AJ's sent me over a modified map which will take my IDs although it will be rather rough (understandably so!). Then its a matter of driving the car to the garage Thursday & Friday and fitting the SC. Once that's done; then getting it mapped. I'm thinking Chris @ EFI for an in-out jobbie. But this is all in la-la land and I most likely wont even get to live to see wednesday evening so........
Old 12-05-2016, 06:28 AM

I think the main issue with your plan there is that you have also not booked the car to be mapped. If you have no booking, expect a 3-4 week wait. Especially for end of week / weekend slots.
What happened to the BMW? And what is it with us lot and BMW as daily drives.
You have one, I have one and Har-vey has one. haha!
Old 12-05-2016, 06:38 AM

I think the main issue with your plan there is that you have also not booked the car to be mapped. If you have no booking, expect a 3-4 week wait. Especially for end of week / weekend slots.
What happened to the BMW? And what is it with us lot and BMW as daily drives.
You have one, I have one and Har-vey has one. haha!
They are great to drive on a daily basis? Would rather have that than an audi barge. Basically some twit hit the back of me yesterday and the reverse sensors are on the blink which is completely fine. However the car's now driving like its gasping for air and its low on power. Signs point to EGR / MAP sensor.. probably was shaken during the impact.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:22 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

never bought a battery before where you can see the levels of acid inside,

is it normal that some of the cells are not the same level? i think it has leaked a little during transit as the packing material is all clumped and stuck to it.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Define198

never bought a battery before where you can see the levels of acid inside,

is it normal that some of the cells are not the same level? i think it has leaked a little during transit as the packing material is all clumped and stuck to it.
I'm no expert, but would agree the 3rd cell from right looks a bit low. I would not expect different levels on a new battery.
What make battery?

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic