UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 12-02-2016, 08:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow 50 quid, the same wrap with locks is about 12 quid off ebay.

Tip: metal clips used for cv cups are much better they wrap round twice and lock in, also its slightly easier if you wet the wrap.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Just a heads up, that wrap mike is going to smoke for a bit when it gets hot for first few times,

FYI to all who put this kit on... The bit of pipe that joins the coolant pipes for throttle body together is dodgy as all hell, mine pissed fluid everywhere when it got hot due to new clips not being man enough. Put jubilee's on where at all possible. I went and bought a load from Halfords and replaced most of them.
Cheers mate, I let it run for 10-15 minutes after fitting to make sure the manifold was back on properly and to let the smoke and smell get started!
Old 12-02-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Wow 50 quid, the same wrap with locks is about 12 quid off ebay.

Tip: metal clips used for cv cups are much better they wrap round twice and lock in, also its slightly easier if you wet the wrap.
I'd looked on eBay first but didn't want some cheaper stuff, although you're quite right Tegiwa may well be selling the exact same product just in different packaging! Was easy enough dry, but if I'd realised I would have wet it as my jacket is now covered in bits from the wrap.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:38 PM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

We also offer Heat Wrap

Mishimoto Heat Wrap - 2 x 35 Roll with Stainless Locking Tie Set

In stock as well!
Old 12-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Finally got the crank pulley bolt out today! Split a socket in the process so had to get a new one, ended up using a 5ft jack pole over the breaker bar and off it came! The rest looks pretty simple now so quietly confident it will all be done in time for mapping next month.

Noticed my power steering light was on the dash and didn't have power steering when I put the car back in the garage. I had a block of wood over the end where there's a sensor where the removal tool was resting against - didn't get chance to look at it tonight but hopefully I haven't knacked it!
Old 12-04-2016, 12:44 PM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I ended up welding a bar to the old pulley twice! first time it pulled metal off the pulley it was that tight, second time I blow torched bolt and got a metal tube that was about 3 ft long... I put a load of foam on the wing though so when it went I didn't destroy the wing...
Old 12-05-2016, 12:30 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought the tool off ebay, makes the crank pulley removal pretty easy, still need a long length of pole though to get it off.

Pretty sure this cold weather is killing my battery, car really isn't happy starting on these icy mornings! At least i am hoping its the battery lol
Old 12-05-2016, 12:35 AM

your not alone, mine only just started on the last slow turn of the engine after only a week of standing...
Old 12-05-2016, 12:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
your not alone, mine only just started on the last slow turn of the engine after only a week of standing...
I've currently got mine on a trickle charger. Battery was completely flat. Little optimate bike charger works wonders Got the injectors to do on Wednesday evening weather permitting; then its supercharger fitting thursday & friday with the fuel pump.

This is all if the BMW gets fixed today / tomorrow. Some twat on his phone just smacked right into the back of me yesterday, and the car's just playing up so this takes priority over the S at the mo..
Old 12-05-2016, 12:41 AM

at least its the bmw and not the s2k that got smacked unlike me... Still waiting on Third party insurance to ok the body shop quote, its been over a week!!

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic