UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 11-15-2016, 01:06 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

i figured as much, I havent had a chance to work on the car annoyingly as i dont really want to touch it till it has been assessed but will pop the bonnet tonight and see if i can adjust the pipe work.

Sucks not being able to drive it
Old 11-15-2016, 04:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta fix my bonnet latch - thing wont open now.. The car has been sitting there for a good few months so might just be rust or something. IDs have been despatched; will pick up the Walbro today as well. Anyone here changed the MAP sensor or left the OEM one on?
Old 11-15-2016, 05:19 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Left OEM one on the car. Once at the tuner, they can swap it over in 2min.
I also left injectors for them to do. Fuel pump I did myself.
Guess it depends if you have a base map to run the injectors?
Old 11-15-2016, 05:37 AM

I fitted an AEM map sensor to mine.
Do the injectors yourself, its stupidly easy to do and ID give you all the washers etc, its a straight bolt on basically.
Just don't do a me and forget to tighten down the main fuel line going to the rail, fuel sprayed everywhere :P
Old 11-15-2016, 06:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr-T
Left OEM one on the car. Once at the tuner, they can swap it over in 2min.
I also left injectors for them to do. Fuel pump I did myself.
Guess it depends if you have a base map to run the injectors?
I've already running a custom map on my AEM. Fitting the injectors will be a doddle as well; I'll ping AJ a PM once its fitted and he can amend my current map to suit. I was more interested in which MAP sensor folks have used; be it Hondata etc.. CFL currently list the 4bar unit.
Originally Posted by johnckeen
I fitted an AEM map sensor to mine.
Do the injectors yourself, its stupidly easy to do and ID give you all the washers etc, its a straight bolt on basically.
Just don't do a me and forget to tighten down the main fuel line going to the rail, fuel sprayed everywhere :P
Having read a few write-ups for IDs on our cars; it seems ID dont send you everything. You need to reuse the OEM cushions and also fit an extra set of O-Rings to keep things snug? I've got the right sized ones off eBay and have ordered those.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Also does anyone have any issues with the intake pipe being very close to the bottom pulley wheel on the bracket? I can see some marks where its obviously touched at some point, there is only an inch if that between them.
i found mine to be a royal pain in the ass when installing, it took a lot of maneuvering with the bracket near the air filter in order to get enough clearance for the pulleys. Not had any problem since though, but as i said i took a good 1-2 hours adjusting that part to make as much clearance as i could get!
Old 11-15-2016, 09:33 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
i found mine to be a royal pain in the ass when installing, it took a lot of maneuvering with the bracket near the air filter in order to get enough clearance for the pulleys. Not had any problem since though, but as i said i took a good 1-2 hours adjusting that part to make as much clearance as i could get!
Need to check mine now. I didnt really have any problems with routing of the pipe work and clearances.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:59 AM

With the ID injectors, you don't need to reuse anything. mine fitted straight from the bag with nothing taken from old injectors.
I have no leaks and they are a very snug fit.
they fit like a glove
Old 11-15-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

With the ID injectors, you don't need to reuse anything. mine fitted straight from the bag with nothing taken from old injectors.
I have no leaks and they are a very snug fit.
they fit like a glove
You dont need additional o-rings but you do reuse the cushions
Old 11-15-2016, 12:54 PM

Ah yes sorry need to use the existing cushions.

just follow the two lines of instructions that are in the box and you'll have no issues

if anyone has a unpinned plug going free for ID then please may I have it?

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic