UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS - Pro's / Cons / where and how much ?

Old 03-27-2004, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could be interested in it when you get your amuse CC.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:57 AM

Thanks everybody for the replies.

Final question before I go to the website ...does it add BHP to the car or is it mainly for the noise ?
Old 03-27-2004, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by Shipley
Thanks everybody for the replies.

Final question before I go to the website ...does it add BHP to the car or is it mainly for the noise ?
They are restrictive so actually lose BHP
Old 03-27-2004, 11:16 AM

Craig Armstrong has just installed a new exhaust - it's a single exit "max-power" affair- but boy does it sound good - better than a HKS IMHO.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Chris Type R
Craig Armstrong has just installed a new exhaust - it's a single exit "max-power" affair- but boy does it sound good - better than a HKS IMHO.
Hoggy. I'm really pleased with it and it comes with a silencer which can be installed using just one screw if you need to do a fair few motorway miles and don't want the rumble that it has at any RPM. I took out three family members yesterday afternoon - all had big grins after a bit of Vtec (shame about the neighbour's faces )

By the way, it took three of us half an hour just to remove the stock exhaust - even using an inspection pit (hence I was late for the Midlands Meet and I still have blood on one wing!). We would have not been able to remove the exhaust using a jack (as Colin has managed) - mind you, the root of our difficulty was the hangers which simply refused to budge - a liberal application of fairy liquid was all that was needed to push the exhaust of the hangers, but it would have been a hellish fiddly job on a jack!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by craig armstrong
Old 03-29-2004, 12:15 AM

Don't ask about the pics AB - I forgot my digital camera when fitting the exhaust but took a couple of shots with the camcorder which I need to download to my PC. I want to clean the car and take a few better photos - just waiting for the exhaust cap which has been in transit for two weeks!

Although the butt dyno can be deceptive, the car definitely pulls away at low revs far more easily e.g. pulling out of junctions in second gear seems far smoother. The car also seems to pull better in the higher gears e.g. going through gears as joining motorway from sliproad.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:21 AM

Don't ask about the pics AB - I forgot my digital camera when fitting the exhaust but took a couple of shots with the camcorder which I need to download to my PC.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:31 AM
GSi

Don't ask about the pics AB - I forgot my digital camera when fitting the exhaust but took a couple of shots with the camcorder which I need to download to my PC.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GSi

Quick Reply: HKS - Pro's / Cons / where and how much ?